Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Browning Cynergy 12 - 28" and it has those kickass selective ejectors which work flawlessly.

HOWEVER, in trap it is a nuisance to have to pick up your hulls every time your fire and it may distract others.

Does anyone have any ideas how to disable them so I can just pull them out manually ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,360 Posts
Just keep shooting it!

One friend of mine's Cynergys, both a 12 and a 28 gage, disabled and dis-assembled themselves as well, in the process.

Trouble was that disabled the whole gun!

Instead of sending them back to Browning, and having a possible repeat problem, he fixed them himself, and like they should have been in the first place. (One had already been back to Browning before he bought it.)

As far as I know, he has had no problems since.

Clyde
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
Curly-Nohair suggested catching them-good plan. Watch others shoot and see how they do it. I don't shoot o/u often. However, I just bring the breech up near my belly, break the gun, the shells come out just far enough "belly bounce" that I pluck them out as if I had extractors instead of ejectors. This might take a special rounded shape like mine to work smoothly. Basically you just need to practice and watch how others do it and work out you own method.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will see if my rounded shape offers the same 'belly bounce' potential :lol:
If not then i will take a shot at Curly's method of disabling the ejectors. I was just concerned since I heard some people disabled their whole gun trying and others indicate it messes up the recoil trigger setting somehow. Not sure exactly what they meant so I was hoping someone had successfully worked through a method on their own or had experience with Browning's service department's recommendations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Curly!
Your suggestion to remove those 2 large levers only took like 5 minutes and it seems to work perfectly! They now act as extractors and not ejectors, what more could you ask for?
One question, are you sure those levers don't provide any other function? I have not fired it since the change, only used snap caps to simulate action. Just want to make sure those levers don't do anything else vital to form or function that may be compromised.

Many Thanks!!! I love my Cynergy even more now.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
23,776 Posts
CodieBear said:
Thanks Curly!
Your suggestion to remove those 2 large levers only took like 5 minutes and it seems to work perfectly! They now act as extractors and not ejectors, what more could you ask for?
One question, are you sure those levers don't provide any other function? I have not fired it since the change, only used snap caps to simulate action. Just want to make sure those levers don't do anything else vital to form or function that may be compromised.

Many Thanks!!! I love my Cynergy even more now.
My Cynergy is modified that way and I have fired at least a thousand rounds through it, maybe thru each barrel even. I shoot a lot! No change other than no ejection. I do kinda miss the sound of the ejectors when I open the gun, something is missing! :lol: I found it humorous that someone suggested the doom and gloom results. :roll: I assume that you marked them as to which side they came from? If you did not, no big deal, the ejector timing may be off when you put them back wrong, if so, just switch them. You got a 50% chance to be right!
If your gun is too tight opening, drop me a PM and I will send a link to my instructions for adjusting a Cynergy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
I don't know what causes it, or how to fix it, but I still have a few "trigger jams" since I removed my sears and turned my gun into the extractor model.

Every now and then the triggers will become extremely heavy and hard to pull. A simple opening and closing of the gun will reset them back to their normal pull. Of course, this is extremely disheartening during a game of skeet or sporting clays.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
23,776 Posts
Bobshouse said:
I don't know what causes it, or how to fix it, but I still have a few "trigger jams" since I removed my sears and turned my gun into the extractor model.

Every now and then the triggers will become extremely heavy and hard to pull. A simple opening and closing of the gun will reset them back to their normal pull. Of course, this is extremely disheartening during a game of skeet or sporting clays.
Has your gun gotten quite easy to open? Once you open it and cock the hammers, Close it and move the lever to open it. Does it flop down to the open position? If so, you need to tighten the action a little bit and that difficulty will go away. There is a very fine line between good and too loose, and your problem is the first symptom, from what I have seen. If you don't know how to reset yours, drop me a pm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
Curly-Nohair said:
Has your gun gotten quite easy to open? Once you open it and cock the hammers, Close it and move the lever to open it. Does it flop down to the open position? If so, you need to tighten the action a little bit and that difficulty will go away. There is a very fine line between good and too loose, and your problem is the first symptom, from what I have seen. If you don't know how to reset yours, drop me a pm.
Thanks Curly, you have already given me the instructions on how to adjust my opening/closing action and it helped dramatically. Before I loosened the action a little, I could never shoot my Cynergy with the sears removed. I have it shooting 99% of the time now, its just that 1% that can knock your scores...but Im not complaining, much better than the alternative! I don't shoot against anyone except myself anyway... :D
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
23,776 Posts
Bobshouse said:
Curly-Nohair said:
Has your gun gotten quite easy to open? Once you open it and cock the hammers, Close it and move the lever to open it. Does it flop down to the open position? If so, you need to tighten the action a little bit and that difficulty will go away. There is a very fine line between good and too loose, and your problem is the first symptom, from what I have seen. If you don't know how to reset yours, drop me a pm.
Thanks Curly, you have already given me the instructions on how to adjust my opening/closing action and it helped dramatically. Before I loosened the action a little, I could never shoot my Cynergy with the sears removed. I have it shooting 99% of the time now, its just that 1% that can knock your scores...but Im not complaining, much better than the alternative! I don't shoot against anyone except myself anyway... :D
Sounds like you need to tighten up that Cynergy a bit, Just enough that It barely creeps down when you thumb the lever Take the flop out, so to speak!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top