Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me my CZ 712 does not have enough of a angle on the stock. I have to lower my head a lot to see down the barrel correctly. My dad has a Rem 1100, I have held a Mossberg 935, and a Stoeger 2000. They all sight perfect for me. But CZ's don't come with Shims so I think I'm pretty much stuck. Would adding a rubber pad help or do I need to get rid the gun.

Also, If you own a CZ, have you noticed this?

·
Banned
2,771 Posts
Do an internet search for "stock fitters", or contact the American Custom Gunmakers Guild and they can put you in touch with one. A good stock fitter will alter the stock so that the gun shoots where you look.

In your case, it sounds like it's a simple lowering of the comb (top of the stock) to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I think the comb is a bit high on the CZ 712, but I have adapted.

you could mount the butt a bit higher in the shoulder pocket, but you are right about natural point of it. My short length of pull on my 870 police style stock shoulders perfect everytime.

laying the stocks over each other, the CZ has a higher angle. I've been doing well with this gun, but now you gave me something to worry about.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
I would not spend money lowering the comb on a CZ. The cost would not be justifiable on that gun (in my mind). My CZ Ringneck also has a somewhat high comb, but that's something you quickly adjust to. A proper comb lowering is probably $300 or so. The comb needs to be lowered on a belt sander and the stock would need to be refinished, not to mention monkeying with the recoil pad (or butt plate).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This Sux. I like the gun, but Oh well. What about a Mossberg 930, has anyone used one.

Also is the 11-87 . or 3 1/2 in shells

·
Banned
2,771 Posts
I had a Mossberg 9200 once (the 930's predecessor), and promptly got rid of it.

Get a 3" 11-87 and be happy. Far more versatile for the 99% of the shooting you will do than the 3 1/2" version.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
If the comb is actually too high, an alternative to removing wood would be to install and add-on rib. They come in various heights and are a better way of compensating for the distance between your eye and cheekbone.

It is also possible that becaue of differences in stock dimensions other than the drop at the heel you refer to as the stock's angle, you are mounting the gun differently than those that seem to fit better. It seems that the CZ definately fails in the fit catagory. It could be made to fit but the question is whether or not it would be worthwhile. http://stockfitting.virtualave.net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts