Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here own or have history with a CZ 720 auto?

I have a friend that is interested in shooting some birds with me this year. He is currently enrolled in a long gun safety and shooting class and has finished his hunter education classes.

He has never hunted before, but he got interested through shooting clays with me and accompanying me on several dove hunts in which he was a spectator / spotter only. he now wants to get in on the action.

He wants a 20 GA. light auto of some kind, but is very limited in budget...say about $350-$375. I have tried to put him on all kinds of good used guns that were in or close to his price range, but he is pretty adamant that he wants a new gun that only he has used.

The CZ fits that price range, but not being famliar with them, I would be a little concerned about mechanical quality / reliability. At this point, i do not think he is concerned with fit and finish, just the gun going boom each time the trigger is pulled.

Any info or advice good or bad on this particular gun would be appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
I would not touch one and unless they started again CZ dropped them from their line.

I had one break they sent another and it broke got it fixed and sold it as fast as I could.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen a few for sale locally and online. I read the posts about their being discontinued and am not sure if the ones i have seen are older or if someone else is making them for CZ USA and they are bringing them in again.

Thanks for the advice. I have been trying my best to put him on a used 1100 Lt 20 that my gunsmith has. Beautiful gun that has been well taken care of. My smith got it in lieu of cash for some work he did for a gentleman in town. He wants $400 for it, but it has nary a scratch, dent, or blemish that we can find. Honestly looks like it was taken out of the box, cleaned, and assembled. The interior of the mag tube is even virgin in appearance.

The guy wanting the gun is just dang stubborn about a new one and what he will spend to get it. I think you get what you pay for with most guns (some exception to the rule), but he just won't listen.

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
I'd buy yhte 100 but if he insists on the CZ well I guess you will get to say I told you so later on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts