Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been enjoying my new 912 but it will not cycle very light target loads. I want to experiment with a less powerful recoil spring. I disassembled it as far as shown in the pictures but I cannot figure out how to access the spring. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
23,465 Posts
thereabouts, and
to the Huglu Forum, the friendliest "i Love My" forum on Shotgun World.

cdb

·
Registered
23,465 Posts
The spring barrel unscrews from the receiver, and the barrel end unscrews from the barrel, you must capture the spring before taking it apart. My 912 will shoot my 3/4 ounce reloads, how many rounds have you fired through the gun? I would not go with to light on the spring.

cdb

·
Registered
23,465 Posts
threeboats said:
I have about 250 rounds through it. I am trying to get it to fire the Winchester low recoil shells which are only 980 ft/sec. Can you please clarify what you mean by capture the spring?

There should be a hole in the barrel that you can put a nail or something like that to keep the spring from getting away from you.

250 rounds is not really enough to start using really light loads, I would shoot a few more flats of target loads, then try the low velocity stuff. If you go to a lighter spring, you would have to go back to the regular spring to shoot heavier loads, the lighter spring would slam the bold backward, and the gun would take a lot of unnecessary beating.

cdb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.