Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several folks have spoken well of these. I realize it is not a Purdey, or even an AYA, but for a field gun that probably won't be shot all that much (1,000 shells a year max) I wondered if they might be just fine. Are they really as light as advertised, 5.2 pounds? If so, can you keep it swinging smoothly? How about recoil? Had any problems? Thanks!

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
I like mine - it is light (haven't accurately weighed it, but it feels in that range), fast to get into action, and I even use it for Sporting Clays, and shoot as well with it as with my 20 or 12, and those are more expensive guns.

I've put several thousand rounds through it without a hitch. And a lot of them were reloads.

Can't say much more without sounding "gushy".

I can't speak for 'em all, but mine (actually a DeHaan) is a good gun.

BobK

·
Registered
661 Posts
My dealer says that mine will be here next week. I have been waiting for awhile. I wish it had 28" bbls., but can't have everything, at least it has double triggers. If it ever warms up here plan on doing a lot of pattering and shooting with it. Grouse still open til Jan. 31, but 28 may be little light for late season birds, generally use a 20 or 16 then. My O/U 28 will probably sit in safe now. Will let you know what results I have with it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Should be able to find them in the $750 range, I'd think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I highly recommend Whittaker's for all the CZ shogun line. They've got the best prices I've seen and great customer service.

If they've got it in stock, give then a whirl.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Got my Bobwhite and took it out to shoot. Picked a great day 15-20mph x wind and snowing, but it was fun. Broke 2/3s of the birds I shot at so I'm happy with the gun in those conditions. Thought it was only 1/2 but son (who doesn't cut old dad any breaks) said it was closer to 2/3s. Wood to metal fit is very good, nice case, little slim on forend release. Great blue job and good checkering, no run overs. Nice light shotgun, should be a joy to carry. So far I'm very pleased with it. Might even try and shoot it again tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts