Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I doubt anyone really knows the typical longevity - triggers mechanisms seem like the most prevalent breakdown after continued use. I suspect the main thing is quality control out the door. As long as the design is a proven (knock off/copy) of a proven design and the parts were built with standard grade materials, there is no reason why we can't expect decent longevity with proper care. The downside is these guns are not easily serviced without robust parts market. I personally wanted to avoid alloy receivers and that was a reason I didn't want to pick up something like the Stevens 555.

· Registered
537 Posts
I have a few Huglus and they have proven satisfactory. I use them as field guns not heavy use trap or skeet. I would imagine they would not last more then a few thousand rounds perhaps, before something went wrong?
I like shooting chuckers with the double trigger 410 sxs , real light and sporty. I had to have the chambers reamed to spec. My reloads and some factory rounds would not drop in. Worth it cause I like the gun, just don’t like the Eagle engraving.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts