Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own a CZ, but I called them today and spoke with Mike at the CZ gunsmith section. I had a question about a Huglu that someone I know is trying to sell me.

All I can say is this. I forgot about the Huglu and am convinced that if you have a problem with a CZ firearm/shotgun, you'll get good results. Now I'm focusing on their Woodcock O/U 28ga.

Mike, if you read this....

Thanks.

Bud from NC.....

Edited to add:

The Huglu doesn't fire the top bbl every time it's supposed to. But he said they'd look at it, but suggested I not get it due to it having been repaired once already by a local gunsmith. They didn't push their models, but just stated that he wouldn't buy it if it already had those kinds of problems.

I agree.

·
Banned
2,771 Posts
I have a pair of CZ rifles and have nothing but great service from teh company that stands behind them. Mind you, the problems were exceedingly minor (things someone who isn't a rifle crank like me would not notice) but they treated them like they were the end of the world.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I also had good service from CZ. I ordered a CZ720 Youth model for my daughter, but the gun I received had the regular stock. Called CZ, got an RMA number, send it in and got a Youth model back within a week - Friday to Friday.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poodaddy, you have me stumped.

Help me out here...... :oops:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just looked at the woodcock today. Nice looking gun for @$950. Just curios, did CZ mention it was made by Huglu? Pretty sure I saw that name on the bottom of the reciever.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked at the woodcock today. Nice looking gun for @$950. Just curios, did CZ mention it was made by Huglu? Pretty sure I saw that name on the bottom of the reciever.
Yes, the Woodcock is made by Huglu. But CZ is the importer now and will stand behind the gun. The one my friend has for sale was imported by Armsco. They will work on it, but for a pre-paid amount. But he discouraged buying a problem. At least if you get a CZ, they will stand behind it and make it right.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Soryy my mistake. I have a knifemaker friend in NC named Bud Smith and thought it might be you.

Anthony

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope. Not him.

But I have blacksmithed a few knives in my time. I haven't fired the coal up in a few years now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts