Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about these model shotguns? I was looking at one but haven't seen anyone talking about this brand. I know its not a Bgun but I already have 2 brownings just looking for something different... :D

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
CZ imports these guns from Huglu in Turkey. They are the better looking and fitted of the slew of today's cheap guns. I bought one of the SXS guns in 410. After five boxes of shells, it stopped working with a broken firing pin. The triggers are terrible at over 8 lbs and the selector doesn't always work. As soon as it comes back from CZ I'll be selling it and I won't buy another. I'm kicking myself on a daily basis for breaking my own rule in having purchased a POS in the first place. I still want to have a 410 SXS and will have to step up considerably in price to get a reliable gun.

Hint.... DeHann guns are also Huglus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased a CZ Ringneck SxS 20 ga and am completely satisified with it. I've got about 1000 rounds through it shooting Trap and Skeet as well as this seasons hunting for Quail and Pheasant. It works just great.

Would I buy another? Well I hope I don't see another one at the gun show in 28 ga as I don't have any more room in my gun safe.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
There has been quite a bit said about the durability, quality, or lack of, as the case may be, in the CZ's.

Yes, I know they're made in Turkey (O&U's), by Huglu.

That said, I will give you my personal an 2nd hand experience with the ones that I've had an seen.

I bought a Redhead .410, nice looking little gun, good price. I just wanted a backup gun. The first one that I bought wouldn't work right. The breakdown lever wouldn't stay over to the right when the gun was broken down.

Sent it back to CZ's repair service, they sent me a new gun. Haven't had any problems with the second gun.

A friend bought one just like mine an has had no problems at all with his.

Another friend bought a CZ Woodcock in 28 ga. His is giving problems with it failing to fire the top barrel, had it worked on twice an its still giving problems.

Another guy that I sometimes shoot with has 2, a 20 ga. an a 28 ga. He's had no problems with either gun.

So, all I can say is, buy at your own risk. They do have a 5 yr. warranty.

Would I buy another one if the need came up?........Yes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.