Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any cz fans here. I've owned their pistols, but would like some info on their o/u? Are they good? Can lefties shoot them (neutral stock)?

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I don't know about the neutral thing, but they are Huglus, says so right on the barrel! I think it is a crapp shoot kind of thing, sometimes they are 7s, sometimes boxcars! :wink: A couple I've seen LOOK ok, but in the real world of usage?? The jury is still out I think! The last ones I saw were setting on the rack besides Ayas, Berettas, SKBs, Brownings and a Krieghoff or two, even a Gold Label. It was obvious which ones were the CZs.

BP

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm pretty sure cast is fairly neutral. I've got a 12ga. Woodcock and a friend that is a lefty says it seems to fit him pretty well. I've only got about 250 rounds through mine, but so far haven't had a hitch. The only thing I notice is its a little longer in the stick than some others I've handled, but I like that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
CZ's O/U and SxS are made by Huglu in Turkey. As stated, look, fit, finish, and wood quality are all excellent. Quite frankly, I would not hesitate to put it on the rack next to any gun costing under $3000.

I too have a Woodcock (20ga) with about 250-300 rounds through it with no trouble. It is slightly longer, which I like as well, and the trigger is probably going to get some work done after about 1000 rounds.

Some folks have had mixed luck with durability, and I agree the jury is still out. That being said, CZ has an excellent customer service reputation and I would buy another one at this point.

DeHaan is another importer of Huglu shotguns. He specifically advertises the availablity of left handed stocks, so I'm guessing there is some difference. Check out his website for more info

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
The CZ`s are OK. You get what you pay for. They are NOT a 3K gun....not even close. I should know I own both.

·
Registered
493 Posts
beagler said:
Can lefties shoot Lanbers? How much do they run?
Lanber= Cast on. Meaning not lefty freindly! You can learn to shoot righty or have a smith change cast for around $135.00. From a list of more than two hand fulls of O/U I was able to shoulder. Browning, Weatherby, stoeger, SKB, were neutral stocked.

Lanber, Beretta, Baikal/spartan, Rizzini, Verona, Franchi?, cast on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.