Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting into a entry level SXS in 20ga. and will be using it to hunt quail and have got it down to 3 guns. 1. CZ Bobwhite (double trigger stright stock,extractors) 2. CZ Ringneck (single trigger pistol type,extractors ) 3. BSA Classic (single trigger pistol type w/ ejectors). Witch would be your choice and why?
Thanks!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,378 Posts
I can`t comment specifically on the guns you mention only the quality of one that I have experienced. I have a 410 in the CZ. It is fine for what it is. A fairly inexpensive play gun for me at skeet. I personally would not consider it one of the finer guns I own but hey its worth what I paid for it. I have had no trouble with it and would buy another CZ especially if they made a 28 ga with a 30 inch barrel. So I guess you could say yes I do like the CZ...you just have to keep it in perspective as to what it really is and should be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
If you do a search on this web site you will find many posts on the CZ Ringneck.

I purchased a CZ Ringneck 20 ga in July and have about 1000 rounds through it so far. I've used it for Trap, Skeet and Pheasants & Quail. I've had no malfunctions and would certainly recommend it as a good low end purchase. I paid $750 for mine and I believe it to be a good buy.



I initially purchased it for my 16 yr old son. I like it so much that I've used it almost exclusivly this year. He's using my Win 101 Pigeon 20 ga. I'm not so sure I want to trade him back.....

For the money I believe it to be the best value out there. It's a lot of gun for the money.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
I too have a CZ Ringneck in 410. The triggers are the heaviest and most creepy things I have ever pulled. The bbl selector works "most" of the time. After only six boxes of shells, the right firing pin broke. I sent the gun back to CZ. They sent me a new gun. The case coloring on the new gun is screwed up with only about 70% coverage with the other 30% looking like white metal. The bbl selector on this one works, but the triggers are just as bad as they were on the first gun.

I bought this gun because a friend also has a Huglu.... his is a DeHann version which he had good luck with. The day after I bought my first CZ, his firing pin broke.

I guess the CZ is an OK gun if you are a gunsmith.... or if it came with several spare firing pins.... or if you could look through several before buying in order to get one with a half way decent case color job.... or if you don't shoot it.

I will NEVER buy another Turkish gun. Dumbest thing I ever did!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,218 Posts
Looked at my first BSA yesterday a Ganders, NOT overly impressed. Along the same lines as a Kahaan. IMHO. Fit an finish, not very good. Machine work, rough. Plus, it didn't fit me worth a darn.

The CZ, to me, is a much better made gun. Don't know about the durability of the CZ yet. I've only been shooting mine about 6 months. I've probably shot about 12-15 rounds of skeet with it. I only get it out an shoot it once in a while. Most of the time I'm shooting a Browning O&U.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
Don,

I bought mine just to fool around with and shoot a little skeet without chasing empties. I hate having to think "is it going to break again this time?" everytime I mount the gun. I haven't decided to shoot or sell my replacement gun. I might just roll it and get something with a better track record. Too bad they didn't put a bit more quality into these guns. It's a market nitch waiting to be filled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,218 Posts
BB, this is the second one that I've had.

The first one I returned to CZ because the breakdown lever wouldn't stay over when the gun was broke down.

They sent me a new gun with much nicer wood an I've had no problems with this one.

Mine is a .410 Redhead. So far I've been satisfied with it.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top