Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a nice 2006 Ringneck. I put Carlson's Sporting Clay Light Modified choke tubes in and can't wait to take her out. Gave it a good once over with ScratchX and some oil. Seems like a solid gun. Triggers seem even and break at less than weight of gun - if that's any measure.

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Looks nice, not a SxS fan, but I like the looks of them.

cdb

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Congratulations on your new Ringneck, 12 ga by the looks if I were forced to guess. My first SXS was a 20 ga Ringneck, and that gun is still my favorite skeet SXS. You need to be very careful though, them suckers breed like rabbits. Every time I turn around there's a new one in my safe. Enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a Ringneck 20 gauge and I still think it is one of the most pretty guns ever made. Just enough engraving and color case hardening to be tasteful but not gawdy, and I like the slim modified Schnable forend and Prince of Wales pistol grip. The only trouble I had was the safety would sometime catch in the right/left barrel selector notch if I wasn't careful, but they improved it on later guns.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hi,

The 28ga Ringnecks are no more. Sadly discontinued. So secondary market only now. The few I've seen have run from $800 to even $1000.

The Bobwhite is available new in 28ga.

Dalee

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congratulations on your Ringneck! I have a 20ga straight/English stock Ringneck, which is my favorite. A real pity CZ decided to discontinue them.
Harry

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Good to see you back Harry, have you been busy?

cdb

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
farmer17 said:
I had a Ringneck 20 gauge and I still think it is one of the most pretty guns ever made. Just enough engraving and color case hardening to be tasteful but not gawdy, and I like the slim modified Schnable forend and Prince of Wales pistol grip. The only trouble I had was the safety would sometime catch in the right/left barrel selector notch if I wasn't careful, but they improved it on later guns.
I had the same problem with the safety hanging up on my 20 ga Ringneck. It was an early one that had a Y shaped gate that when you pushed the safety off, you had to guide it left or right for barrel selection. If you just pushed it forward, the front edge of the safety blade would hang up on the rear of the gate in the tang. I resolved that by pulling the safety blade out and filed the leading edge to a knife point and never had it hang up since.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
farmer17 said:
I had the same problem with the safety hanging up on my 20 ga Ringneck. It was an early one that had a Y shaped gate that when you pushed the safety off, you had to guide it left or right for barrel selection. If you just pushed it forward, the front edge of the safety blade would hang up on the rear of the gate in the tang. I resolved that by pulling the safety blade out and filed the leading edge to a knife point and never had it hang up since.

·
Registered
490 Posts
cdb1097 said:
cdb
Thanks cdb - good to be back here.
Busy is an understatement. Work is really revving up due to the upcoming election and the WA State Atty Gen. trying to ban AR's, etc. Gun sales are brisk to say the least. I LIKE IT! :D The downside is I'm not going to have as much time to get my pup Maggie out hunting as I want to this season. All of her conditioning is done, and what she needs now is hunting experience. I had her on a live Chukkar and a Pigeon 2 weeks ago. She bumped the Chukkar up, but marked it and made a beeline to where it landed. shot a Pigeon and she retrieved the wounded bird and brought it to me. It got away from her and she ran it down and got it...strong prey drive. I took her to a lake yesterday and she worked on water retrievals.
She's going to be a good hunting partner.
Let's all hope Nov 8th goes our way.

Harry

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
hlj3 said:
cdb1097 said:
cdb
Thanks cdb - good to be back here.
Busy is an understatement. Work is really revving up due to the upcoming election and the WA State Atty Gen. trying to ban AR's, etc. Gun sales are brisk to say the least. I LIKE IT! :D The downside is I'm not going to have as much time to get my pup Maggie out hunting as I want to this season. All of her conditioning is done, and what she needs now is hunting experience. I had her on a live Chukkar and a Pigeon 2 weeks ago. She bumped the Chukkar up, but marked it and made a beeline to where it landed. shot a Pigeon and she retrieved the wounded bird and brought it to me. It got away from her and she ran it down and got it...strong prey drive. I took her to a lake yesterday and she worked on water retrievals.
She's going to be a good hunting partner.
Let's all hope Nov 8th goes our way.

Harry
Glad Maggie is coming along. As to the part of your post that I bolded....Ain't that the truth!

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
So 2few, how is the General doing?

cdb

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
I don't know what happened, but I forgot to welcome padrejones to the Huglu Forum, I see he came when I was in Seattle without my computer.

padrejones, and
to the Huglu Forum, the friendliest "I Love My" forum on SGW.

cdb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.