Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had anyone had any experience with CZ' warranty service turnaround time? my CZ 104 has trigger problems and i had to send it in under warranty. when i called to get the RA# they told me it would be 4-6 weeks for shotgun repairs. is that realistic or do they normally over quote time to cover themselves?

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
While I have never had to use their service myself, I've spoken with some who have. 4-6 weeks sounds about right and is pretty good by industry standards.

My suggestion is to expect 6 weeks and be thrilled if it takes less.

Mark DeHaan might turn it around more quickly, but then you would be paying round trip shipping plus the cost of the repairs.

What the problem is will probably play a roll in turn around time as well.

·
Registered
22,917 Posts
So marquette, what was the nature of the problem with the trigger on your gun? Yes if you get it back in less than 6 weeks that is considered fast, I have had guns take up to 3 full months to be returned. :shock: :shock:

cdb

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the front trigger would erratically lock up like the safety was on. i always shoot low mount and quite often have the safety on just to keep used to taking off as i am mounting the gun as in hunting. so at first i thought it was my fault so i started shooting with the safety off and the trigger still would lock up. then the trigger started feeling like it was ginding on something when it was pulled. it went from locking up maybe once in 25 rds to once in 10 rounds in about 125-150 rds. it went downhill fast.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Bought a brand new CZ SxS from CDNN. Triggers were awful. They were terrible. They were really bad.

Called CZ Service and talked to a fellow who was very polite and accommodating. He said they would fix it and how did I want the triggers. I said 4 to 4 1/2 lbs. He said no problem and "I will send you a shipping label." He advised me that it would take four to six weeks to correct the problem.

Six and one-half weeks later the gun came back and the triggers were about as good as anyone could ask for. My cost was $0.00.

So I think CZ Service is pretty good.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Heavy triggers are one of the few complaints you still hear occasionally on the CZ guns. And we have lawyers to thank for that. Most gun companies would rather send a gun out with heavy triggers than with light triggers. Happily I have heard several times that CZ-USA is very accommodating about requests to have the triggers lightened.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
My Canvasback is gone nine weeks today. I called yesterday and was told that all the CZ experts were gone to a big gun show in Germany but now they are back and they are looking after my gun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
What happened to your C-Back Herb?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Like I reported in May the barrels were not well regulated. They checked it out and agree with me and want to send me a new gun. Let's see what is going to happen.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Please keep us updated Herb S.

Bummer you got one with barrel regulation issues but having just a few weeks ago watched a Purdy fail repeatedly it's just a simple fact that any gun from any manufacturer can have "issues". CZ-USA has an outstanding reputation for customer service and I am confident they will make things right for you.

Best....2few

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
CZ-USA has an outstanding reputation for customer service and I am confident they will make things right for you.
Not in my case 2few. I had to send it to a Canadian CZ service center. I don't know if they have anything to do with CZ USA but I hope this issue is solved pretty soon.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't note that you were in Canada Herb S. My apologies.

Here in the US CZ-USA has an exceptionally good reputation for customer service. Not the very best in the firearms industry but certainly in the top tier.

I really have no idea how to handle a warranty problem in Canada. Just no clue. But a few thoughts off the top of my head.....

From your post, I gather that the actual importer to Canada has offered to replace the gun at no cost? Is that correct? If so then it sounds to me as if the problem is being resolved.

Who is the importer to Canada? Are they affiliated in any way with CZ-USA beyond simply buying guns from them? If so and you are dissatisfied with the outcome of this situation then I would contact CZ-USA directly. BTW phone calls to them work better than emails.

If the Canadian Importer is NOT affiliated with CZ-USA other than as a wholesale buyer then the truth is that your issue is with the Canadian Importer rather than CZ-USA.

So the real question is who imported your gun into Canada and what warranty do they offer and what is the reputation of that company?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to figure out who is truly "responsible" for keeping the customer satisfied on the gun you bought.

Can you fill us in on any of the details I've mentioned?

Best....2few

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm home again with INTERNET service. We were in camp catching walleyes and picking blue berries. :D

The Canvasback comes with a two years warranty in Canada. I contacted CZ USA and the Canadian importer and did get the same answer. They are not affiliated with the Canadian service center and there is nothing they can do for me. :(

Sooooo, I have to wait 'til they get their act together and send a shotgun. I will pester them every so often and keep my fingers crossed. :evil:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just an update on CZ-USA service time. i got my Mallard back yesterday. i sent it in on July 6th and got it back on August 1st. i consider that fairly good turnaround time considering shipping time.
they lossened the extractors and repaired the triggers. the gun had enough use before sending it in that it had begun to open and close fairly well but it really works well now. the triggers are even and crisp. about 6lbs on my Lyman digital trigger gauge.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
EXCELLENT marquette!!!!!

That is the kind of turn-around I am accustomed to hearing about CZ-USA guns.

I know it sucks being without your gun for a while but I can tell you that from my reading on gun forums 3 1/2 week door to door is generally considered exceptionally good.

Glad you have your baby back in hand and are ready to bust some birds again!

Best....2few

·
Registered
22,917 Posts
Good to hear they fixed your gun and did it quick, glad to hear you are happy with the work, CZ service appears to be as good as people claim it is. :D :D

cdb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.