Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions on these guns? Does anybody have any expirence with these guns??? I do not know anything about them. I had a good friend come up and ask my opinion on them. I thought that maybe somebody here would have some expirence with them....

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Simply do a "Search" on this web site. This subject has been discussed in length several times.

Plug in "CZ Ringneck" and/or "CZ Huglu"

My personel opinion...GOOD.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
They have a bad reputation like hyundai cars from the 80's but seem to have an improved product for the north american and eurpoean market now. CZ's are Huglus from Turkey. I have heard that Huglu subcontracts some manufacturing for other italian brands out of their plant, but I can't confirm this.

Mine, a 712 autoloader is great. all the moving parts inside are chrome plated and easy to clean. I would like to have a $1200 beretta, but I can buy 4 of the Huglus for that as I have seen them down to $299 at my favorite discounter.

It works great, but the trigger is kind of heavy (which can be good in the field), the sight is basic, and there is no magazine disconnect like the high feature guns...buy hey..it's $300.

the wood is nice and the euro style matte finish cleans up much much easier than gloss blueing.

I don't know about the break action guns...but the 3" magnum autoloader has been a deal and a half and 100% reliable

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
In the O/U you get a fairly decent gun for the money. I would not buy one for heavy use. I have one in small ***** to play at skeet with. Its OK.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't know very much about their auto loaders.

I own a Woodcock Deluxe in 20ga. It's an excellent gun for the money. Very nice wood, fine fit and finish, and it shoots straight. I'm seriously considering adding a 12ga version to my collection. My only complaint is the trigger is a bit heavy.

I've only put about 300 rounds through it, so I can't attest to durability, but so far so good.

Once I feel likes it's broken in a little more, I'll probably have my gunsmith do some trigger work and that's that. It's not a $5000 gun or a $2500 gun for that matter, but it's a lot of gun for $800 and it's way better than the low priced pieces out there.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
Here's a post I made on another thread................

I too have a CZ Ringneck in 410. The triggers are the heaviest and most creepy things I have ever pulled. The bbl selector works "most" of the time. After only six boxes of shells, the right firing pin broke. I sent the gun back to CZ. They sent me a new gun. The case coloring on the new gun is screwed up with only about 70% coverage with the other 30% looking like white metal. The bbl selector on this one works, but the triggers are just as bad as they were on the first gun.

I bought this gun because a friend also has a Huglu.... his is a DeHann version which he had good luck with. The day after I bought my first CZ, his firing pin broke.

I guess the CZ is an OK gun if you are a gunsmith.... or if it came with several spare firing pins.... or if you could look through several before buying in order to get one with a half way decent case color job.... or if you don't shoot it.

I will NEVER buy another Turkish gun. Dumbest thing I ever did!

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
I had two CZ semis a 712 and a 720. Notice the word Had. Junk they both broke the 20 ga twice. Traded them off for a Benelli M1 20 ga save your money and buy a better gun you won't regret it.

I have three Huglu (DeHaan) Sxs's also, same gun as the Cz, have had problems with two of them one was a simple fix I could do myself and one had to be sent back because it was doubling. Roll the dice and see if you get one they did right or one they let slip through their lousy quality controll.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Bridgeburner and Chaco1...I hear you and do file away complaints like yours for future consideration. It's one thing to take a chance with a $300 field gun (of which I got a good one I think- 1 year later and about 500-600 rounds), but I'm hesistating on getting a CZ-Huglu break action because if you waste 8 bills instead of spending $1400 on something known to be good, then that's not going to be a deal.

I haven't ruled it out, but I want a break action a local gunsmith will work on without having to send it out of town.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I have a CZ Redhead .410 that I've had about 6 months now. This is my second one, the first I had to send back to CZ.

So far, with 6 months of limited shooting I've had no problems with this one. Maybe 2 flats shot through it. (500 shells)

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
I've shot several thousand rounds through my CZ712. I got it to use as a heavy brush bird gun to save the finish on my other shotguns. The price has gone up so much I wouldn't buy another. I got mine new for under $240. I think the dealer cost now is over $300.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts