Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
In spite of what you may have read elsewhere, and will probably read later in this thread, Huglu really does make a good gun for the money. If you like it, and it fits you well, go ahead and get it.

For waterfowl, though, you'd probably be better off with a semi-auto, and you could get a Remington/Browing/Benelli for about the same money.

If you really want the O/U rather than an auto, then I wouldn't hesitate to get a CZ.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Be advised that DeHaan is not going to be selling production gun models in 2008. When their remaining inventory is gone that will be the end of it. They are focusing solely on their custom SGr models going into 2008 and beyond. If you want one of their production models you best give them a call ASAP. The inventory is shrinking fast.

Best,
L'duck <><

G

·
I vote get one. I have had several and the early problems have been worked out. If you buy a single trigger model buy it new, and make sure it has the Berretta-style barrel selector/safety.
You can side step that with a double trigger gun for less money.
CZ is a big-time and modern gun company with good metalurgy and modern machining to close tolerances. They are lot of gun for the money and an example of the reason Remington will soon close its doors: They can't make a gun like that for less than 2 grand and they have given up trying.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Buy it with TWO triggers, or at least a single NON_SELECTIVE trigger! That is if they offer a non-selective model.

Either are much more dependable, especially the double trigger ones than the single selective trigger models, and especially in the more in-expensive model guns.

Also, much faster in selecting which choke/barrel one wants to use on a particular shot. Those trigger/barrel selector buttons, wherever they are located, just suck!

Clyde

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just so there is no confusion, the DeHaan and CZ guns are built in Turkey by the Huglu cooperative. The DeHaan's are built to Mark DeHaan's specific tolerances, fit, finish etc. Then Mark goes over each gun to ensure it meets this quality control standards before he sells them. Unfortunately, Huglu has not been able to keep up with Mark's demand and quality leaving him with no choice but to eliminate the production guns from his inventory and only sell the SGr.

Best,
L'duck <><

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just bought a CZ Ringneck SxS and love it. I have run around 600 shells thru it with zero problems. I know 600 isn't that many by there adding up fast. I sure the neysayers will show up soon and they will start crying the blues about CZ. F'mAFFH's

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I just got the Bobwhite (SxS double triggers) 20 gauge.

So far love it - Now I just want to feed it something with feathers on it :twisted:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Single selectives seemed to have a ton of problems when they first came out from CZ. Firing pin defects and slam firing problems were common. NEW CZ guns seemed to have those problems fixed but make sure you are getting a NEW gun and not just an older gun NIB that has been stocked for a while.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a DeHaan and have had no problems with it up to this point (about 750 shells). It is a fine made gun and the wood on mine is really nice. Fit, finish and feel is good. I would definately take the advice that if you are interested in a DeHaan that you get one soon as production on regular guns will be ending soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.