Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was in Gander Mnt last night looking at some stuff, and I just happen to walk through the Gun section..
They have a CZ-USA Canvasback 12 O/U for about 6&1/2 bills. SST not to fancy but not real high priced either. Looking for opinions on this O/U especially from any owners.
Thanx.

·
Registered
475 Posts
For opinions, you might want to ask the question on the "De Haan" forum below--the CZ and the De Haan are both made by the Huglu gun company of Turkey.

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
The problem with them is they have poor quality controll. You may get the good one or the lemon. I have 3 DeHaans and of the 3 two have had problems. One had to be sent back and one I fixed myself. Personally I will not buy another one.

I also had two of the CZ semi autos and they both broke. I traded them off and would not recommend them to anyone.

A friend had a DeHaan come apart the soldering broke. Was sent back and fixed like a 3 year old would do it. he sent it back again last March and has yet to get it back although he is promised that it will be here next week every time he calls.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a CZ Redhead dlx last fall for $649 which is a step up from the canvasback. I've put probably 500 rds through it no problems yet. I've been very happy with it so far.For the money I don't think you can beat it. Hopefully it'll hold up to a season of skeet shooting. I've been looking at the Dehaans same basic gun both made by Huglu they only have a 2yr warranty vs a 5yr warranty from CZ.
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts