Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thing of getting a CZ Woodcock 20ga O/U for some small bird hunting. I real don't want to spend a lot of money on a hunting gun that can be scratch up or ding up the frist day out hunting. I just want it to work good and look some were nice . I have some target guns that I would not even think of taking out the the woods.
Any body have a CZ Shotgun that they like and would buy it again?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a ringneck 20 ga i love it. The triger pull was at 7 /8 had it opened up and stosed it 's fine now. I'm going to get a 12 ga but i think i'll get it from dehann, ithink the service is much better.I called cz about the triger pull didn't get any advice or help.BCOFMT

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked a DeHaan guns and call about a 20ga U2e it was sold out. I would have to go up to the custom model that would be $1400+..
I want to spend only $1000 for a hunting gun but if I have to go up I need a good reason to get the DeHaan over a Browning or Beretta.

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
I and many other have had bad experiences with these guns. I would save and buy a Beretta or Browning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got a DeHaan 12 ga O/U. and a CZ 20 ga. o/u. and a cz 20 ga. sxs.

I shoot ALOT and have never had a misfire with any of these. Love the feel of the 20 ga o/u. I'm a big guy, but like the lighter feel of the 20 ga's.

Can't explain the negative experiences of others, but each of these guns have performed flawlessly over a years time with many thousands of rounds through each one.

My only complaint is my kid took a sharp turn in the golf cart and my 12 ga (the one I paid extra for the nice wood and engraving) fell out and dinged up the stock. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kills doves and pheasants and sporting clays :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
I, too, have had first hand bad experiences with CZ shotguns. Without going into all that went wrong with the guns, I would highly encourage you to go with a "proven" gun--that being either a Beretta or a Browning. After owning 3 CZ's, I went to a Beretta and have not had one issue and don't expect any in the future.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have no experience with the CZ but theres a lot of choices in your price range or close to be, you can find a "B" for the price of that CZ. I paid $1200 for my Beretta Silver Pigeon in 28 gauge just a few days ago.

Theres a Black Onyx for $950 shipped right here on this website, it's a 12 gauge, not what you want but the deals are out there.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'll go look at some Browning's and Beretta's and maybe a SKB 585. I have 4 Browning's now and 2 Beretta's all 12ga.

I want a 20ga. What I am afraid of that I'll come home with a Browning Cynergy 20ga sporting 30" for $2500 to $2700 range. :lol:

What I real need is a 20ga field gun 28" and pay no more then $1500. :?

·
Registered
90 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts