Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a serious problem. I just can't see the clay half the time in the woods with contrast of snow, sky, tree limbs and medium to low light. Now if someone goes back and digs I did at one time say, "Oakley's all the way". That has changed. Their frames alway break. I called them about getting a new frame and find out it is rediculious to even bother with what it cost to replace the damn piece of plastic. I love thier lense and the way they look but their frame always break on me. They can't just send me a replacement piece of recycled plastic with an "O" on it.
I have decided insted I'll get Randolphs. I wouldn't mind the XLW's, but I can't get a few line of lense colors. The XL's are fine. Where if any is the best place to go for a deal? Seems they cost the same anywhere on line from what I see.

·
Administrator
23,249 Posts
http://www.sportglasses.com/index.asp
Is a real good place to get GOOD glasses that work, these were suggested to someone that was an Oakley fan earlier. About 10 guys in our group have ended up here, after trying others, something to think about. You can make all the mistakes yourself, but WHY :?:

·
Registered
526 Posts
01lariat - I use the Randolf frames with bayonet earpieces for motorcycle roadracing, and while they hold up pretty well under that abuse, they do get tired after a while. Another frame material that can bend and come right back for more is called Flexon. They are not cheap, but they are very tough. If you could find frames you like made out of this tough stuff, combined with polycarbonate lenses, they would be hard to beat.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wouldn't matter Flexon or Flubber I'd break it. Metal frames are the way to go I think. If the joints break they are covered under warrenty. If they get bent, they can be bent back. Plastics they just snap looking at them. Being they're glasses that is a bad thing.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Take them out of your back pocket....before you sit down. :wink: I agree, I went with metal frames years ago and never looked back. I do suggest the wrap around your ear style of temple arms, like the RangerXL or Sporter, not the Aviator style.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oneeyedjack said:
Take them out of your back pocket....before you sit down. :wink: I agree, I went with metal frames years ago and never looked back. I do suggest the wrap around your ear style of temple arms, like the RangerXL or Sporter, not the Aviator style.
More like the proverbial "in between a rock and a hard place" is like bumping my head on something and the glasses being in the way

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was helpless not to buy Ranger XLW's. I got brown #44, orange #45 and vermillion #46 lenses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts