Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One I turned into a skeet combo, one I turned into a trap combo, and then ones a sporter like the original design. Just can’t quit these things!!! Rufflin those perazzi feathers a little harder with these.

Musical instrument Wood Floor Art Cylinder

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since my softtouch sporter became so heavy it really was just a trap gun for me that I can set on my foot. I chose to run pgun FEs with the pgun barrels instead of opening up my FEs as pgun barrels are much thicker. But wow my Yirons perfectly fit into pgun FEs… look how I was using the skeet gun as a sporter with the pgun FE in the meantime before my 3rd I mean no one thought that thing wasn’t a pgun!!

Wood Line Composite material Gas Building material

·
Registered
191 Posts
Since my softtouch sporter became so heavy it really was just a trap gun for me that I can set on my foot. I chose to run pgun FEs with the pgun barrels instead of opening up my FEs as pgun barrels are much thicker. But wow my Yirons perfectly fit into pgun FEs… look how I was using the skeet gun as a sporter with the pgun FE in the meantime before my 3rd I mean no one thought that thing wasn’t a pgun!!

View attachment 53170
These are a close enough clone that perazzi barrels actually fit?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes but why would you want Perazzi barrel on your Pro Star ? Perazzi guys are putting Pro Star barrels on their guns because they cost much less and are just as good if not better than Perazzi barrels.

Phillips Gunsmithing does Pro Star barrels to Perazzi fitting.
I wouldn't, I just didn't realize they were a perfect clone. I do have a perazzi with 29.5" barrels that I'd like 32" barrel for. Where would a fellow get a set of prostar barrels to have fitted?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For me I put on perazzi barrels that I couldn’t do with a pro star barrel because they don’t exist yet. If ProStar made them heck yes I’d save the money. Any type 4 square monoblock pgun barrel has a extremely high chance to lock right up in a ProStar without fitting. Vise versa will always need fitting.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
You are missing the 20 gauge version. No time to rest-time to go shopping!

• Haha
Reactions: Amiller86

·
Registered
979 Posts
These are a close enough clone that perazzi barrels actually fit?
They're almost a clone of a Perazzi MX12 (Type 4, square monobloc, fixed coil spring trigger, safety/selector on the top tang). There are some differences on the rear of the receiver where it meets the wood such that stocks won't interchange, but I think virtually all other parts will interchange with typical minor fitting. IMHO, wood is typically on par or better than basic Perazzi wood. Fit and finish on the one I handled seemed a step behind a new Perazzi (some gaps in wood to metal fit, border engraving didn't look as good (they probably shouldn't bother), but nothing really bad. I think the big thing holding them back is the fact that they're marketed under the Yildiz name and their relatively high pricing compared to what they're selling for in Europe. If I could get one with basic wood and 32" mid rib barrels at $2500, I'd see it as a great alternative to a Beretta 686 and be a definite buyer. At the current $4000 asking price for any of them with 32" barrels, I'd rather have a used Perazzi MT6.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe these Yildiz are a phase that might pass. Similar as it was with Kemen guns years ago. They came out and people rushed to get some since they were cheaper than a Perazzi. Then they didnt have service in the US and distributors/dealerships couldnt sustain it so they disappeared from the market. I agree with Mark that I would rather buy a used Perazzi for the same price rather than a cheap clone. but thats me IMHO

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well agree interesting theory but Yildiz is very sustainable and I haven’t heard one internal part that a perazzi one hasn’t dropped right into a Yildiz yet so there’s always that security. I agree they cost a bit too much my two sporters were second hand and my field gun was priced much cheaper than the sporters but having owned these and shot these guns I would spent the 5500 on an engraved one if I had the money. They are worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The slow accumulation is the secret to nice guns for me. People say 'oh **** you spent how much?!' But we have to remind them we started buying shotguns 20 years ago. Just a function of where you focus your spending within the safe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts