Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
These are a close enough clone that perazzi barrels actually fit?
They're almost a clone of a Perazzi MX12 (Type 4, square monobloc, fixed coil spring trigger, safety/selector on the top tang). There are some differences on the rear of the receiver where it meets the wood such that stocks won't interchange, but I think virtually all other parts will interchange with typical minor fitting. IMHO, wood is typically on par or better than basic Perazzi wood. Fit and finish on the one I handled seemed a step behind a new Perazzi (some gaps in wood to metal fit, border engraving didn't look as good (they probably shouldn't bother), but nothing really bad. I think the big thing holding them back is the fact that they're marketed under the Yildiz name and their relatively high pricing compared to what they're selling for in Europe. If I could get one with basic wood and 32" mid rib barrels at $2500, I'd see it as a great alternative to a Beretta 686 and be a definite buyer. At the current $4000 asking price for any of them with 32" barrels, I'd rather have a used Perazzi MT6.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts