Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I have found that stoeger customer service is terrible. After sending my gun back to stoeger 2 times they told me nothing was wrong with my shotgun. I made the mistake of purchasing the P350 with my last years Chrismas bonus hopeing it would be a good 3 1/2inch hunting gun. Long story short the shell stop didn't work and after being told I didn't know how to use a shotgun several times from stoeger :shock: I tore into it because I wasn't out anything anymore because I couldn't use it for anything but a single shot. I found that the shell stop rear spring is too long and put too much resistance on the shell getting released and forced the rim of the shell to dig a groove into the aluminum reciever, that groove then made it so the shell wouldn't activate the shell stop making it jam up. The fix was I cut about an 1/8 of the spring off and it works better. I will never purchase anything from Stoeger Industries or there sister companies (Benelli, Franchi, etc.) again because of the way they treated me. All I wanted was a gun that worked I will only buy guns that are American made from now on. My first shotgun still works flawlessly after putting thousands of rounds threw it and abuseing it in the marsh and it's just a Mossberg 500. I wrote this because of all the positive remarks about the P350 on the internet and I know that the product is junk I wish I could of put the money I spent on the 350 towards a Mossberg 835 or Remington 870 :!:

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Yeah, well.... Bummer about the service for you; I'm sorry to hear that. On the other hand, thank you for sharing your experiences. Maybe all of the folks who come around here thinking they need something like a Stoeger 2000 will read this and be more likely to listen to the rest of us who tell them emphatically not to go there!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Though I have not had any bad experiences with my Stoeger 2000, it is good to know about customer relations. Should I have a problem, I will have a heads up.

I have talked with several dealers recently, including one of the largest Benelli dealers in this area and they have one and all stated that they have not had to send a single Stoeger back to the factory of the new design. The old design gave Stoeger a reputation that will take years to rebuild.

Should I have to deal with their customer service, they will find that this old retired cop can be stubborn and will demand satisfaction. I know too many lawyers that owe me a favor and will be more than glad to assist.

A dissatisfied customer should be a squeaky wheel and demand satisfaction, be stubborn, call them twice a day. Ask for their supervisors, the bigger boss, on up to the CEO if necessary. Stoeger/Vursan listened to the customer, or they got tired of repairing the old design, and did the right thing by redesigning the 2000 so that it would be a sartisfactory gun.

If you have a problem and don't raise the roof, you may not get anywhere with most companies. A letter on an attorney's letterhead will speed things up mightily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts