Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A relative of mine asked me today about my opinion on deer whistlers. They just got a new jeep and don't want an unplanned encounter with Bambi. Personally, I have never used them, and have never hit a deer. But I figured that as popular as they seem to be, there must be some people who like them. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
The Iowa State Police did a test with them many years ago by installing them on their squads. In the first year of use, deer/car collisions decreased a substantial amount. The second year the number of accidents increased to about what they were before the experiment and statyed at that rate. It was determined that the troopers looked harder for deer for much of the first year (which accounted for the decrease) but began to slip back to normal driving habits which increased collisions to the usual. In other words, the whistles themselves were not the deciding factor but, instead, driver attention. After all, if the sound of a vehicle engine bearing down on it does not scare a deer, then why would a simple whistle.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Answer to your question! JUNK

Have a little fun take one the next time you go deer hunting.
Do not blow on it but inhale on the back side when you see a deer.
We call them our deer callers.If the deer is not alarmed they will tend to come at the noise not run away.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Our company has operations in many parts of Canada.

Here in southern Ontario, whitetails in the agricultural area are a problem

In Alberta, it is worse, with more variety and bigger stuff to hit :shock: .

The industry reports I have read with vehicle collisions would agree with....

fase3 said:
I put a set of them on the front bumper of my Isuzu Trooper. First deer I hit after putting them on knocked them both off. So much for that experiment!

·
Registered
981 Posts
My brother lives in Fayette county PA. He put them on his JEEP sport, the second deer he hit knocked one off. He removed the other one. They are JUNK. Dont get caught in that train wreck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
These are mounted on the bumper at the front of the auto.
You are traveling forward to make them work. The sound is now going behind you. The sound does not travel forward faster than you are driving.

They only thing they are good for is to keep you from getting rear-ended by a deer, running faster than you are driving.

·
Registered
828 Posts
fase3 said:
I put a set of them on the front bumper of my Isuzu Trooper. First deer I hit after putting them on knocked them both off. So much for that experiment!
You got them on backwards your call'in them in :shock: {F*

Just kidd'in, there just a ploy to seperate a guy from his hard earned cash. I fixed many a deer damaged car & truck that had deer whistles on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.