Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning. In 2005 I bought from Mark Deehan a new S2. Love the gun but have been away from hunting and shooting for last 10 years. I'm getting back into it and trying to find out if this gun will handle steel shot. Mark appears to have retired in 2017, so am searching. Anyone know if these can handle steel?

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
You might want to post this question in the Huglu forum, a lot of the guys down there have Dehaan shotguns.

cdb

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
fekapeyu said:
Good morning. In 2005 I bought from Mark Deehan a new S2. Love the gun but have been away from hunting and shooting for last 10 years. I'm getting back into it and trying to find out if this gun will handle steel shot. Mark appears to have retired in 2017, so am searching. Anyone know if these can handle steel?
I used to own a 28 GA and a 12 GA that I bought from Mark back in the late 1990s. Went to his house to pick them out. I shot steel shot through both for ducks and never had a problem with either. Traded them both to Cabelas for a Ruger Gold Label about 6 or 7 years ago.

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
dubob said:
fekapeyu said:
I used to own a 28 GA and a 12 GA that I bought from Mark back in the late 1990s. Went to his house to pick them out. I shot steel shot through both for ducks and never had a problem with either. Traded them both to Cabelas for a Ruger Gold Label about 6 or 7 years ago.
How did that trade work out for you?

cdb

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
cdb1097 said:
dubob said:
fekapeyu said:
How did that trade work out for you?

cdb
It worked out very well, thank you. I got offered almost what I paid for the two Huglus in trade and came away with a S X S I had always lusted after. I couldn't be happier about the exchange. And the Ruger will be housed in my gun safe until I'm gone from this life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts