Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
the very first thing is to understand where she's coming from and why. so talk to her and be totally honest and respectful. Is it just handguns, it is hunting, is it fear based? and work from there.

It may take a while for her to understand you, too. If she wants to put her "thing" on you and restrict your enjoyment of shooting, I would dump her. If a guy told me to get rid of my guns it would be the end. Respect for that which makes our mates joyous, proud and satisfied is the bedrock of a relationship.
Just my opinion.

There are a couple of good past threads on this forum relating to this very topic so check back or do a search on SW. People gave good tips.
GSPgal
"Go ahead, break my clay."

·
Registered
384 Posts
blah blah :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just finished a book called Sieze the Night by Dean Koontz. The main female character is a pistol packin radio DJ who loves to surf.... I think I'm in love....hahaha

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sounds like you'd really like to share your shooting passion with a mate. I took up shooting when a former boyfriend told me upland hunting with his dogs was his favorite pastime and the only thing that could make it any better is if I shared the experience with him. So I tried it and loved it. I'm not with him any longer and it's a real problem because I know I'd like my next relationship to involve the shared experience of shooting/hunting and not many men in these parts are into these things.

If she doesn't respect you because you shoot, it's going to escalate to a problem because I'm convinced the 3 essentials to success are respect, regard and trust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks for the advise, I understand what your saying. I've tried the old "guns are safer then cars" spew and explained the difference between real life responsible gun owners and shoot-em-up movie characters. Still her defense is "anything can happen"...which is stupid because that applies to every day life in general. Your more likely to die in a car accident on the way to the range. Anyway, this leads me to believe she's not willing to understand or respect for some other reason then the guns themselves. I don't know alot about women but I know everybody gets upset about one thing when they are really frustrated with something else completely. Either way I suppose shes not the one for me.

-Dev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts