Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievable hunting you folks missed this morning.
I limited out and cleaned and packed my birds and was making breakfast when the wife and kids rolled out of bed all before 8:00am.

It looked like Argentina out there. Also got buzzed by 16 teal over the pond, didn't take any hevi-shot this morning so just watched them fly by and land at the other end of the pond.

Took some neighbors to the same field this afternoon and they both limited out in less than an hour.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey JLP:

Your holding out on me. Seems every time I go bird hunting with you the birds hide. You got them birds trained or something. Maybe I need to just show up that way the birds wont have any waring I am coming...

By the way we got the food plots planted, feeders going, and stands setup. Now you got a place to deer hunt less than an hour from home... 8)

By the way, some guys got a trail cam going at our secret deer hunting location. They have a picture of a 180+ class deer walking right by Ray's feeder every morning at 3:30am. Try and figure out how we can get him to eat during legal hunting hours...

·
Registered
94 Posts
dude your killing me :? i have yet to get my first bird and well atleast i have shot 1 yes only 1 box of shells

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Live2Hunt and I went out this evening and should have had our limit but our incredible display of shooting netted him, me, and one other guy 28 birds on a 36 bird limit. We saw birds from 3:30 until about 6:30 pretty steady the entire time. Dog got so wore out with the heat I had to take him back home but turns out Live2Hunt has a great nose and fetches very well.

Now I've got to have doves for breakfast tomorrow so I can get back below my posession limit. Had 7 with my dinner wrapped in bacon with jalapeno, I'll pay for that tomorrow.

G

·
JLP:

Many thanks for a fine hunt. You put on a great show, but I am sure you had some one releasing birds on the other side of the field!

Folks Jeff asked to take a shot with my Citori. I hand it to him and yell bird!!! He throws it up and drops the little feathered missle about 10 yards out and hands me my gun and grins. He says, 'Thats how we do it in Oregon; 1 shot - 1 bird', it aint many times a Texan is speechless. I was...

Maybe I can put you on that 180+ P&Y this bow season and return the favor of all the bird hunting you get me into.

oh, and congrats on the moderator title. Don't let him fool ya he knows more about guns and hunting than he lets on about. I got one rule, if its shotguns or bird hunting, turn to jlp for the answers...

·
Registered
101 Posts
JLP, if you start a guide service let me know...I would be glad to drive up from Corpus to go on one of "JLP's AMAZING HUNTS!!"

j/k...my offer still stands if you would like to come down south to Corpus where-abouts...I would be glad to take you out if I can get off work to do so!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts