Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Pfrd, Welcome to Shotgun World!

There are two possibilities for the maker of your gun. The first is the J. Stevens Company. The other possibility is that the gun was made for Shapleigh Hardware of St. Louis, MO. The Shapleigh company bought guns from many makers and put their various trade names on them. Many of these guns were marked, "Diamond Arms Company". It is probably impossible to find a replacement stock for your gun. However, you might try Numrich. The cost of having a stockmaker build you a stock would be prohibitive unless there is a great deal of sentimental value in the piece.

Your gun probably was made in the 1900-1920 time frame and would be valued below the $100 mark, in my opinion.

You might want to repair the stock yourself with some matching wood and Accuaglas. You can get this from Brownell's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A5guy said:
Pfrd, Welcome to Shotgun World!

There are two possibilities for the maker of your gun. The first is the J. Stevens Company. The other possibility is that the gun was made for Shapleigh Hardware of St. Louis, MO. The Shapleigh company bought guns from many makers and put their various trade names on them. Many of these guns were marked, "Diamond Arms Company". It is probably impossible to find a replacement stock for your gun. However, you might try Numrich. The cost of having a stockmaker build you a stock would be prohibitive unless there is a great deal of sentimental value in the piece.

Your gun probably was made in the 1900-1920 time frame and would be valued below the $100 mark, in my opinion.

You might want to repair the stock yourself with some matching wood and Accuaglas. You can get this from Brownell's.
Thanks for the info, not much sentimental value but I may try to repair it myself ,,thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts