Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with access to a Dick's Sporting Goods, they're having their buy-one-get-one-half-off sale on ammo today until 2pm. (There's a limit of 6 boxes).

I was all excited and prepared to load up on .410 until I saw the bad news: price has gone up to $10.99/box!

We all knew this was coming. I don't know about you guys, but I'm still not ready to adjust my comfort-zone to these prices. :?

·
Registered
576 Posts
still not a bad price when you got one at half price, we usually pay around eight to nine bucks a box here.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Where I come from all the shot is made of gold,how else could a box of Rem Express long Range, lead, cost 26.99 plus tax,25 shells,28ga. CRAZY.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like I said, I guess I just haven't shifted my comfort-zone on what I'm prepared to pay for factory ammo. For the longest time, Dick's has sold 28ga and .410 for $8.49/box. At that price, the coupon would have made each box $6.37, which is the price I had myself prepared for.

In a sense, it was a little bait & switch. The 12ga AA's were marked $7.99/box on the shelf yesterday, although today's weekly circular clearly states "Regular Price" is $6.49. (Buy a case and they're $5.78--a better price than the coupon!)

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
I tried to use an internet coupon once. My local store did not accept it so I left 4 boxes of Rem STS on the counter and walked out.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nothing new there just a old typical black friday sales gimmick. Companies been doing it for years they have a sale but it's really not a sale. :( Thays why i just stay home let the fools have black friday. Instead of black friday it should be November Fool's day! :p

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We got out of the field today about 3:30 p.m. and I thought about stopping at a Dick's or Gander Mountain that were on my way home. Then I came to my senses. No way I was going to near a shopping center on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There's nothing I need that much.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I second that, I spent alot of time this holiday in the field and woods. Got some rabbits and busheytails before season closes for deer. No need for me to run in those places. I usually have my sh!+ together long before season starts. There is really nothing I like about DICK'S. Find that the one near me is not very organized, and the people who work in that dept. are lame. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Spankey said:
I second that, I spent alot of time this holiday in the field and woods. Got some rabbits and busheytails before season closes for deer. No need for me to run in those places. I usually have my sh!+ together long before season starts. There is really nothing I like about DICK'S. Find that the one near me is not very organized, and the people who work in that dept. are lame. Just my opinion.
The above sounds like the Bass Pro Shop in Orlando (made in China).

Impossible to find a sales associate to help you and when you do they are completely clueless about the product. The people in the gun department are rude and inconsiderate.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Dick's in my area stop selling hand guns they want to be all politically correct. So i refuse to shop there for anything. I got a local Bass Pro Shops and customer service is just a word they do not understand. You go in their and don't worry no one will ask you if you need help with anything. I like Cabelas better than Bass Pro and their is on being built in my state but it is not close at all. I just make sure i know what i want and go to Bass Pro and get in and get out at least they don't move stuff around so you can't find it like Walmart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spankey said:
There is really nothing I like about DICK'S. Find that the one near me is not very organized, and the people who work in that dept. are lame. Just my opinion.
I'll tell you just how lame they can be. I went to buy a new shotgun today and ended up looking at a Mossy 500. The sales kid blurted out a price of $229 for the shotgun w/ scope and two barrels. Then he realized the only 12ga. left in the store was the display model. Another 10% off the price. Then he gave me a $30 dollar mail in rebate. when we got to the register the girl questioned the price he gave her 3 TIMES! The total came to $176 plus tax! He stuck with it and I kept quiet and left with a new gun and plenty of cash left over! The advertised price was $269.99-$30 mail in rebate 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.