Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I handled a Franchi Diamond at Dicks today and it felt great. What is the regular price on these at Dick's? It was marked as on sale for $799, but the sticker on the stock said $899, and the guy behind the counter said it was usually $1099.

Who has one of these, and what do you think? It is a little more than my price range, but the quality seemed to merit the expense. What do ya'll think about this firearm? On the bottom of the reciever it had the Franchi logo, with "Made in Italy" below that. Are they really made in italy?

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Paging WORC!

Worc gave me the answer to this. I believe that it is a Franchi 612. Worc knows these guns and can answer your questions about them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you're referring to the Franchi Diamond o/u, my son has one. I understand they also have a Franchi Diamond Auto. The o/u is a very good shooter. The fit & finish is not that of a "B" gun, but it's not bad either. The gun has not had a single hiccup, and my son shoots it very well. He's only 10, and his firt two rounds on the skeet field were an 18, followed by a 19. Time will tell, but it looks like this is going to be a keeper!

Ours was $799 on sale. They run them on sale regularly for $899 at our local Dick's, but they're regularly marked $1,099 if I'm not mistaken.

In my opinion, it's a heck of a buy at $799. Not a great buy at retail.

- PJ

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one in 20 ga. nice gun. I have never seen them in Dicks for $1099, thay are normally $899 or sale $799. Dicks is good for listing a high "Normal" price they never sell it at, they do it regularly on alot of items. I paid $799 for mine and I think it is worth it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ep18346 said:
I have one in 20 ga. nice gun. I have never seen them in Dicks for $1099, thay are normally $899 or sale $799. Dicks is good for listing a high "Normal" price they never sell it at, they do it regularly on alot of items. I paid $799 for mine and I think it is worth it.
I just bought one of the Dick's Diamond Semi auto 20 ga
It's a Franchi 720 but with 2 tone silver receiver and etched birds. It looks nicer than the Franchi which has black receiver.
Has wood stock, some Franchi 720 models have weathercoat laminate. It also has the TSA style pad that I think looks nice.
Uses Beretta mobile chokes. The ad said 5 chokes but the 20 ga comes with only 3. I got them to knock off 50.00 because of the "missing" 2 chokes and with the scorecard I'll get another 35.00 gift check, so the gun ended up costing 715.00 + tax A nice little gun all in all.

regguy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts