Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a bad problem but I've got too much powder. I've got nine pounds each of Unique, Universal and Green Dot. I reload mostly for the 28 and, now, very little for my 16 and 12. I have three 16 gauge loads that use each of the powders and I like them equally well. All three powders have some fairly good field loads for the 12, too. The Green Dot has less loads for my 28 but I just love it in the 16.

My dilemma is that I'll never shoot all that powder in my lifetime. It just won't happen since I mostly hunt instead of target shoot. I'd like to reduce some of that inventory and pick up a little Longshot for my 28 (too loud for me in the other gauges). I just can't figure out which ones I'd like to reduce. Thoughts?

Anybody in the Denver area want to trade me some Longshot for some of this powder? I'm a pack rat. If I don't trade off some of this I'll have it forever.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Use the Unique an Universal for 28 ga. loads, swap off the GD for some Longshot.

I know personally that Universal makes for a great 28 ga. powder. Lots of people use the Unique for 28 ga. loads also.

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
You are correct--you have way too much powder. Send it on down here for "proper disposal". :lol:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Trade the green dot and unique for 28 ga supplies!!!Universal is a great powder for the 28. If you don't shoot the other powders trade 'em at he local club,gunshop,etc.get what you can use-bust 'em all with the 28 8) :lol: :lol: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts