Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is difficult to disable the ejectors on my early 20ga. Citori? Is this something I can do myself???

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
If it's like the newer Citori's, the ejector springs are in the forend piece. You MIGHT be able to remove them yourself, but your best bet would be to have a gunsmith do it. Better still would be to simply learn to block the empties as you open your gun. This way, the gun deposits the empties into your hand.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been blocking them with my hand for several years now. I just don't like ejectors. I've owned several doubles of both configurations and I'll take extractors over ejectors any day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you say block, do you just put your hand in the way of them ejecting? Close enough to keep them in the chambers or farther out, a sort of catch them in the air type motion.

·
Premium Member
19,958 Posts
AlwaysLearning said:
When you say block, do you just put your hand in the way of them ejecting? Close enough to keep them in the chambers or farther out, a sort of catch them in the air type motion.
The ejectors don't kick out the empties until the gun is about 99% of the way open. Therefore, it is a very simple task (once you have practiced it a few times) to begin opening the gun with both hands, but before the gun is completely open, just place your right hand about 2" behind the chambers and catch the empties before they completely leave the chambers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
But, not having to cock ejectors would decrease the effort required to open the gun (I think they cock on opening instead of on closing, but I could well be wrong). I would like it done to my Citori also.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Not having to cock the ejectors may make the gun open easier, but not by much. The problem with extractors is getting the shell out. The sharp edges of the extractor/ejector will catch on gloves or finger tips and cut them. It's easier to leave them alone and catch the empties in your hand as already described.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sharp edges of the extractor/ejector will catch on gloves or finger tips and cut them. It's easier to leave them alone and catch the empties in your hand as already described.
Must depend on the gun. I've been removing unfired shells from the gun for years (it's mainly a field gun) and never had a problem with gloves or fingers getting cut.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
albanygun said:
The problem with extractors is getting the shell out. The sharp edges of the extractor/ejector will catch on gloves or finger tips and cut them. It's easier to leave them alone and catch the empties in your hand as already described.
Oh come on now, you can cut yourself shaving or opening a tin can easier that cutting your finger removing a expended shell from an extractor! In fact, you would have to try pretty darn hard to cut yourself, Ive been shooting an extractor model for 10 years without a single cut! Maybe Im just lucky!

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts