Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20,602 Posts
Cole Gunsmithing is the Beretta expert. I imagine they will disconnect it for a fee. It probably wouldn't be too hard to do yourself, though, as Hadaway mentioned above. I think I would just pull the buttstock and take a look at it. It can't be TOO complicated.

I hate automatic safeties :x , but I think we've discussed this before. :?

· Registered
20,602 Posts
TAL,

I don't think you understand what he was asking. He wasn't talking about disabling the SAFETY. He was asking about disabling the feature that causes the safety to come on AUTOMATICALLY whenever the gun is opened. The safety would still work just fine. It's just that HE would decide when to put it on and when to take it off. Since he carries his gun open (break action O/U), there is no need for an automatic safety too. He doesn't close the gun until he is in the ready position to shoot. If, for some reason, after closing the gun he decides that he doesn't want to shoot, he could just put the safety on OR he could just open the action again. Again, he isn't talking about walking around with the action closed and the safety off. Or at least that is the way I read it. Besides, I don't trust mechanical safeties anyway. The best safety is a careful hunter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.