Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
23,999 Posts
LoFlyer said:
As the political forum is inaccessible, I am wondering what is the blogs guidelines on politically related topics?

:wink:
If they are, they are not allowed anyplace else but the Politics section.
You put them up, I throw them out. Do it much, I might get nasty. Keep doing it and I will stop you.
Pretty simple actually.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
If you want to talk politics then sign up for access to the political section of the forum and talk politics there. This area of the forum is for members to shoot the breeze.

·
Administrator
23,999 Posts
Apparently, there is a shortage of Mods to take care of the Political section.
That is not my area. Yet I can take action on postings in that area., Beats me.

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
The political forum functions sort of like a pressure release valve on a boiler. It lets things vent that would otherwise end up on other forums like this one.

The problem is that almost anything can be politicized the instant someone wants the government to get involved. Seemingly benign topics such as hunting on public land, building an addition on your house or the neighbors kids playing their music too loud can quickly degenerate into a debate over what the government should and should not be able to control. Government is after all force as anything the government does is ultimately backed up by men with guns.

Politics is the process of deciding who gets to use that force, and on whom.

A lot of people can not rationally discuss their reasoning for having the government make people do or not do something without getting all emotional and attacking the other persons character and motives. Discussions about politics and religion tend to get personal in nature and that is why they are best avoided at work as well as some forums.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Ezra Smack said:
Politics is the process of deciding who gets to use that force, and on whom.
That is probably the best description of politics that I've heard.

·
Registered
14,316 Posts
As Curly alluded to, it seems Jay has both reserved the right to himself alone to conduct admissions to Politics, and is not getting around to dealing with such requests.

I made a similar appeal on behalf of another member recently, and have received no reply nor action.

Politics is quite moribund of late, and long without a MOD. Perhaps Jay is just letting it die a slow death?

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Moribund? I thought that word was only used to describe the 5mm Remington and other flop cartridges.

I threw a couple of posts in the Politics forum for ya!

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Hey Jay, make me moderator of the political section! :)

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
It's not just that the rule gets violated, but rather it gets violated by the same members and it seems zero punishments are handed out. I mean just look how long the ex-member in my signature was allowed to break that rule until he finally was removed.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Maser said:
It's not just that the rule gets violated, but rather it gets violated by the same members and it seems zero punishments are handed out. I mean just look how long the ex-member in my signature was allowed to break that rule until he finally was removed.
He told it like it was........some couldn't handle it.

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
Like I said:

A lot of people can not rationally discuss their reasoning for having the government make people do or not do something without getting all emotional and attacking the other persons character and motives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.