Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is sort of like paint ball except you wear camouflage and the guns are realistic looking unlike paintball. If you get an electric gun you have semi-auto and full auto. It is extremely fun. It is like military simulation and military tactics. You have all of the hand signals and tactics like fire and maneuver, flanking, etc. I play with like 40 other people on a 30 acre course.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I bet airsoft pellets are everywhere.. .. lol. I'd like to play either paintball or airsoft. My parents won't let me play paintball or airsoft. I've still got an airsoft gun though. It's pretty bad. It's one of those Walter pistol ones with a 16 round clip. It shoots pretty hard. Not near as hard as paintball though. I don't really see how you could play with them. They just don't shoot hard enough. They do hurt though.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The electric guns shoot between 300 and 400fps. The pistol you have is a spring pistol and those usually shoot around 100-200fps. It would be hard to play a game with a spring pistol. The harder they shoot the more range you get out of them.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
i used to have an electric one in the shape of an ak-47 and it was fun and everything so i quit playing with it and eventualy gave it to my little brother but i do always come up on friends who wanna sell me their spring guns and then sometimes il buy it and then me n my brother will play little wargames in the house and since the pellets are reusable we never run out of ammo

·
Registered
205 Posts
I thought you were limited to 300 fps... 400 fps would leave a mark on me for sure, ouch!!!!!

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Different fields have different regulations on the maximum speed of the pellets. Usually 400 fps is the maximum.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I considered it at one time. Airsoft is cheaper then even the old double deuce. You can get several thousand of the BBs for a few bucks. Airsoft guns are cheap enouigh too. I thought it would something to toy around with in the basement on a rainy day.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Full auto airsoft...... 8) . Who makes them and where can I get one?

Tim

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have some airsoft guns. But I don't actually play it, per se. I just shoot targets.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
what fun is it to shoot targets that dont move?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Who's to say you can't use "hand signals, camouflage, & other army tactics" in paintball? Airsoft is just dumbed down paintball for kids who like the shapes of their guns and don't like their paintball bruises. How're you to tell if you're hit in airsoft? A little foam pellet? Ow, that sure has to hurt. :roll:

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is about the equivalent of a bee sting but that is not the point. It is about simulation. You may not like it and that is fine but I would prefer not to start a war in here on paintball versus airsoft.

BTW, the pellet is plastic not foam.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
the airsoft pellets i have aint made of foam theyr made of plastic and trust me u can feel it when ur hit :wink:

·
Registered
481 Posts
arin said:
Who's to say you can't use "hand signals, camouflage, & other army tactics" in paintball? Airsoft is just dumbed down paintball for kids who like the shapes of their guns and don't like their paintball bruises. How're you to tell if you're hit in airsoft? A little foam pellet? Ow, that sure has to hurt. :roll:
:lol: :lol: I have to agree with you, but airsoft does hurt a little because they are plastic bb's but nowhere near the pain that is caused when a paintball hits you, which really isn't that much either...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two like $200+ airsoft guns they shoot pretty far and can hurt if sot in the hands

Does any one play near GA :lol:

its really fun I play with my brother

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yea I play!
I have never played but with my brothers. I have 2 guns
one is a M-4 RIS and the other is a MP5-J made my Tokyo Marui made in Japan
you can buy/look at these and others at airsoftextreme.com then on the left click on electric guns

They cost like $300-400 so now I wish i had saved for a real gun. 8) :(

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most people who complain about the guns not hurting when you are hit are shooting with the wal-mart pistols. The BB is barely rolling down the barrel in those airsoft guns :lol: . They shoot around 100-200fps. Get hit at full auto with a 400-500fps electric gun and you will defiantly feel it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts