Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
anti jam elevator, heavy BBL (you said it had all the bells and wistles) elevator fits flush agains the bolt is closed to prevent a finger or glove getting stuck while loading......

· Registered
403 Posts
Ezra Smack said:
I'm NOT trading away my 870! What tweaked my interest in the Mossberg is the fact that the shell lifter is totally out of the way. I shoot in the pump division in tactical matches sometimes. As many of you know, it's not about how fast you can shoot the shotgun, but how fast you can keep it fed. Anything to gain an edge right?

ES
That is my main reason for not liking the 870 and many other brands of shotguns.

I live in iowa and shooting in the winter requires gloves and that just seems to bite my gloves at least once every time I have loaded one.

But its not the only reason I like the Mossberg either :D

Not to mention I have seen an 870 with a live shell stuck between the bolt and shell lifter. I have no idea how it happend but a gentleman came over to me from the trap range and asked if I could help him his shotgun was jammed and he had no tools to fix it (I always bring a tool box to the range with me). I had to remove the trigger group to retrive the LIVE round.

This seems like a very dangerous situation to be in.

With the position of the lifer on the Mossbergs this is virtually Impossable to do on 500/590s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.