Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an all black synthetic semi-auto shot gun. I was just wondering if there was anywhere that a person might be able to find a place that sells camo kits for it. NOT the tape or Gunbrella brand but either a paint kit or even better the type that is dipped like what the professionals do. If you can help me it would be much appreciated. Email me at [email protected] if you can.

Thank You

·
Registered
45 Posts
Walmart sells paint. Get the flat colors or real camo paint, it's a little higher.

Take the gun and paint out side and cut off a piece of foliage similar to where you want to hunt and use it for a stencil.

I suggest starting with the color you want to end up with the least of. Finish up very lightly with a little black to put the shadows in around those "leaves". Go easy or it's easy to get too much black doing it last but it's eay to fix with a little more color.

Touch up as need when scratched.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A long while back when I started to hunt ducks me and my buddy both bought Mossberg 500 cheap and did home made camo jobs after we saw some guys in a blind about 300yrds away that looked like they were taking flash photos. Turns out they were practice mounting their guns and the flash we would see was the barrel of there shotguns!!!

Get some flat black high temp BBQ pit paint as a base coat. cover the opening of the action and muzzle with masking tape. several light coats. Then you can apply your camo colors of choice in flat colors that match your local foliage. Cut some stensils or use some leaves. Light coats that don't run or drip. Your set for less then $10.00

After trying the camo tape on my Ruger Red Label and having some moisture rust the barrels (no pitting but it took off the blueing in a couple of spots), now I just coat the barrels with flat BBQ paint. Neat trick: take a empty 20 ga hull and knock the primer out. Drill the hull through the primer hull with a wood screw into a 18 inch square of 1 inch plywood. Now place your barrel on the hull and it will hold the barrel vertical so you can paint it! Barrel only remover from the OU. Before painting mask the area's that contact the action. I also run tape down the top of the rib. Several light coats will do. The can of paint will do at least 2 OU barrel sets. At the end of the season I can take some laquer thinner and all the paint comes right off. Durable cheap and easy to do and you can still enjoy the shinny blued barrel the rest of the year !

There are some places that dip guns but cost is about $100.00.

APEXDUCK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw that this morning. I've said it before....for all you want to talk about United and their international profile http://www.buy-screen-savers.narod.ru/, they really seem to do business the right way. I'm interested to see just how much Kenyon had to do with these results, so next year will be interesting.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
'ol yeller, I think your gun looks great. Bye the way, Rustolem makes a new line of camo paint. Used it on my canoe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else tried the trick of APEXDUCK and painted and stripped their blued shotgun bbls?? It sounds too good to be true. I'm a little paranoid about painting a nice gun and not being able to clean it off. Please share your experiences

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's a fine camo job ol' yeller. Looks as good as my 500 with factory mossy oak camo. Wasn't neccessarily looking for a camo gun but I buy what is on sale... Now that I have it I'm glad I got the camo instead of the regular wood one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is a company by the name of TarJac that does the dippings for most of the nicer guns you see with factory finishes ie.. (Beretta Benelli) the cost is 150.00 i think but they can do what ever pattern you could imagine almost. Check them out i think it is your best bet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard the newest camo pattern is "Gunshop camo", and Ruger may have applied this to there new Gold Side by Side shotgun. Appears to work so well that nobody can find it in a gunshop. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts