Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have your attention. . . . .

I was watching Guns & Ammo Television last night, and they plastered that 'disclaimer' all over the screen before doing a 'Torture' test.

I must say that I am impressed.

They took a NEW Benelli M4 (12 ga.) and put a 20 ga. shell in the barrel, then chambered a 12 ga slug.

They (the 2 kooks doing the test) lashed the M4 to a "Lead Sled" and using a string, backed off. (How far. . . I do not know and they didn't say.)

They pulled the string and that pulled the trigger.

BOOM!

These guys walked over to the M4 and showed that the 12 ga shell had not ejected. (They inadvertantly put a bungee cord in front of the ejection port!)

The primer on the 12 ga hull had flowed back, and into the firing pin bushing, but, was still in one peice. In fact, the whole shell was still in one piece!

The 20 ga shell had detonated also, and had been fired down the barrel and flew quite a distance. (Distance not stated.)

Hmmmmmm NO damage done to the Benelli, at all!!!!!!

So. . . these guys aren't satisfied with just the slug 12 ga/20 ga. detonation.

They stick another 20 ga. shell into the barrel, and put a 12 ga. 00B load behind it.

Back to strapping down the M4 with the bungee cords, but this time, they were careful to not block the ejection port.

BOOM!

Same thing happened. NO damage done to the Benelli!!!

I must say. . . I am impressed with the Benelli M4's strength.

Did I just say that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

These guys that do this stuff should be dragged through broken glass for what they have been doing to firearms.

I still can't believe that I said something complimentary about a Benelli.

Thanks for reading.

Keith

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It's a segment on G&A tv were these two dudes test different situations, it would appear that they were checking an old scenario where someone inadvertently loads a 20g shell in a 12g then later when it doesn't fire he loads a 12g behind it, thinking that he had forgotten to chamber a shell, and blamo very bad things happen. Almost a mythbusters for guns, really they just like doing mean things to guns.

The one I watched I think they fired a .308 out of a 30/06, other than a stuck casing and some minor scratching to the bolt face nothing bad happened.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jamas said:
It's a segment on G&A tv were these two dudes test different situations, it would appear that they were checking an old scenario where someone inadvertently loads a 20g shell in a 12g then later when it doesn't fire he loads a 12g behind it, thinking that he had forgotten to chamber a shell, and blamo very bad things happen. Almost a mythbusters for guns, really they just like doing mean things to guns.
Exactly, sorry I didn't relate what they were doing.

Last week, they took a pound of FFG black powder and put it under an M1A SOCOM II.

(They were trying to emulate an IED type explosion.)

A length of fuse and a match. . . and a quick retreat.

BOOM!

The SOCOM flew about 20 ft., doing a somersalt and plugged the muzzle with mud.

The 'testers' cleaned the bore, loaded a magazine; charged the firearm and fired a full magazine full without one hiccup.

Just goes to show what some producers will come up with to spend money.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
byf43 said:
Just goes to show what some producers will come up with to spend money.
Sounds like a fun job to me. Mythbusters, too. Wouldn't it be great to get paid to do that stuff?

BTW, that M1A certainly represented itself very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts