Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you carry a concealed weapon?
All the time. I'm never without my sidearm.14640.90%
Occasionally, when I feel I may enter a tough neighborhood or situation.11732.77%
Rarely. I just don't carry it often, but it's a nice option to have.5214.57%
Never. I just wanted to see if I could get a CCW permit.4211.76%

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd bet there are probably a LOT of people who carry without one.
Better to have it and not need it than to get into a situation where you or your family's life is in danger and not have one just because you don't have a peice of paper in your wallet that says you've paid the government their cut for your right to protect your own life. :\
All that in a country where the founding forefathers thought it to be a good idea for the public to carry. Now it's all about money. The government knows that there are still some people that are going to carry anyway, even if they can't afford all the permit fees and classes and stuff. They just make it where there's a big incentive for you to pay all of that because the consequences are much worse for shooting an attacker without a permit than they are if you do it WITH one. That just doesn't seem right to me.
They've statistically proven that states where more ordinary citizens own guns, there is a much lower crime rate. The states with stricter gun laws have higher crime. Think about it- if you were a criminal that was already intent on stealing from someone, would you most likely want to attempt it in an area where most homes contain guns and people ready to use them or in an area where you're basically sure you're not going to get shot, even if you get caught?
I just don't understand how people come to the conclusion that citizens carrying guns are a problem. I consider it the SOLUTION. Criminals are going to have a gun regardless of what the law says. Why make it HARDER for the average honest hard working American to defend themselves and their families? I think it's just because the government has gotten greedy and they want to make sure that they can keep control over the public by keeping more and bigger guns than the citizens, just in case the general public ever decided they didn't agree with the way the government was being run anymore. That's just my 2 cents worth. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would say you are right, phil. better to be judged by 12, than carried by six. as bad as fines/jail are, they are both better than your family getting hurt. as stupid as conceal carry permits are, they are really the only thing the government should be allowed to make gun laws about, per our founding fathers. i forget their exact wording, something about "dictating the wearing of."
i think the idea of charging for the right to carry is very wrong.

as for myself, i take my p95 most places with me. there are strict rules here in TN about how you transport it though. they about make having it useless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you imagine the revolution that would have occured in colonial america, or later, if every horse had to be insured? Or "licensed"? And ever person riding one... or a cart behind a horse... had to pay a fee for the "priviledge"?

When a government decides to dictate a "right"... or license a right... then the "right" is gone, and it is now a government priviledge. CCW's will become nothing more than drivers licenses. Just wait till the government decides that CCW carrier's have to carry liability insurance!!! That would put CCW's out of the hands of the working man...

Its not about money... the gov has tons of it... so much they can't even count it. Its about POWER. We have it, and they WANT it. Its not even neccessarily evil... it just human nature for these people in government to get the ego, and think they "know" better than we.... and they must guide us & protect us from ourselves.

The GOV WANTS criminals to be armed. The gov wants the criminals to continue commiting crimes. This creates a crisis... and makes the "masses" dependant upon the GOV for protection. Whether they admit it or not, criminals are good for the GOV... and they will not do anything to upset that balance... like arming citizens. The gov needs criminals... they NEED crime, to keep their power. If america woke up one day and collectively said "We can take care of ourselves, thank you"... the gov would have NO power.

You dont honestly think our revolving door justice system is inept, do you??? They want it like that... it keeps the crisis in motion... the problem NEVER goes away, therefore, neither does their power.

smoke & mirrors....

Its the same everywhere... and has been for thousands of years. The poor, the peasants... unarmed & relying on the elite for their protection. Only in colonial america did that stop.... while the rest of the world kept right along with the "elite vs the masses" theology.

You all think that in 1700's era britain... the common man was free to own weapons, and carry them? NO!!The common man could not AFFORD weapons.... they could barely afford bread. Only the affluent could afford weapons (pistols, rifles & such), and thus carry them... a very basic "class warfare" way of licensing arms... and keeping them out of the hands of the masses.

America was founded on something different... and since that time has been doing everything possible to take it back.. to conform to European thinking... I.E. elite vs. the masses.

This is why you have politicians who are anti gun, who also carry guns themselves (Feinstein....)... or who have armed protection 24 hours a day. Its OK for them because they are the elite... but the masses do not need it.

its the "let them eat cake" crap all over again... and you know what that statement led too.... yet, this country has become too wussyfied to do anything about it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are good points GhengisEd. Thank you for the post. I agrree with you that the Gov't requires crime and I also believe they need it to use as a weapon against legal firearms ownership.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks CartridgeGuy!

I hate it when I go on a rant... and believe me.. I'm alot more centered in my thinking... I'm not out in a cabin somewhere... growing a beard & writing manifesto's or anything! :lol:

Its just that... if you put the last 20 years or so worth of news in the right light, it almost "appears" that the justice system really is trying to keep crime up.. not down.

I was watching a show the other night... about an armed robbery. one of the perps was caught..... after the store owner (woman) shot at him several times, missed, and then kept him at bay.

He had a conviction wrap sheet 15 FEET long. They showed it... measured out on the floor.... on the news. This guy had enough CONVICTIONS TO FILL 15 PRINTER PAGES... yet he was in his late 20's... and out on the street. Why? after the 5 or 6th time.... or SECOND time he was convicted... why wasn't he put away? for good?

Logic would suggest that:
1. he didn't learn his lesson
2. He was a "career" criminal... with no hope of salvation
3. if you let him go, he will rob & kill again

So why did our justice system fail? All these judges & DA's are college educated, and should have the simple common sense to lock him up for good... but they didn't. Why?

To make a long story short... my "opinion" is they let guys like this out because it keeps them in business... and in power.

I've lived in countries overseas where guys like this would have been hung, or shot, or both! You do not see crime like this in these countries. Its very easy to stamp it out. The only countries with serious crime waves like ours & britians are "liberal" states... where crime & criminals is/are excused away... coddled.... while victims are ignored.... or persecuted.

In one country where I spent several years... the victims family was allowed to stone (to death) the murderer. since most, if not all, true criminals are cowards at heart... this tactic pretty much cut the murder rate to nil... in a country FILLED with privately owned RPG's, ak-47's, makarovs, with no licensing... and no registration. I think there were about 4 murders... all "honor" killings... and all were stoned to death. Robbery???? No way.... they dont even know what a mugging is... as they KNOW the family & friends would hunt them down.

My opinion is that it is going to get worse before it gets better!

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks CartridgeGuy!

I hate it when I go on a rant... and believe me.. I'm alot more centered in my thinking... I'm not out in a cabin somewhere... growing a beard & writing manifesto's or anything! :lol:

Its just that... if you put the last 20 years or so worth of news in the right light, it almost "appears" that the justice system really is trying to keep crime up.. not down.

I was watching a show the other night... about an armed robbery. one of the perps was caught..... after the store owner (woman) shot at him several times, missed, and then kept him at bay.

He had a conviction wrap sheet 15 FEET long. They showed it... measured out on the floor.... on the news. This guy had enough CONVICTIONS TO FILL 15 PRINTER PAGES... yet he was in his late 20's... and out on the street. Why? after the 5 or 6th time.... or SECOND time he was convicted... why wasn't he put away? for good?

Logic would suggest that:
1. he didn't learn his lesson
2. He was a "career" criminal... with no hope of salvation
3. if you let him go, he will rob & kill again

So why did our justice system fail? All these judges & DA's are college educated, and should have the simple common sense to lock him up for good... but they didn't. Why?

To make a long story short... my "opinion" is they let guys like this out because it keeps them in business... and in power.

I've lived in countries overseas where guys like this would have been hung, or shot, or both! You do not see crime like this in these countries. Its very easy to stamp it out. The only countries with serious crime waves like ours & britians are "liberal" states... where crime & criminals is/are excused away... coddled.... while victims are ignored.... or persecuted.

In one country where I spent several years... the victims family was allowed to stone (to death) the murderer. since most, if not all, true criminals are cowards at heart... this tactic pretty much cut the murder rate to nil... in a country FILLED with privately owned RPG's, ak-47's, makarovs, with no licensing... and no registration. I think there were about 4 murders... all "honor" killings... and all were stoned to death. Robbery???? No way.... they dont even know what a mugging is... as they KNOW the family & friends would hunt them down.

My opinion is that it is going to get worse before it gets better!

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
4 Posts
at this point and time i don't carry. i recently,in the last 4 months, bought my first gun, a 2 inch taurus cia revolver. i love it! my husband says i am getting pretty good but still have to go thru all the safety classes before he will let me carry. after that i will carry 24/7. right now it is never far out of my reach. I also got a 20 gauge pump mossberg for home defense at the same time as my pistol. my husbands 12 was beating me to death! but i love my taurus and i am fixing to buy a 45 in the next few months to go with it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello, folks! I am new to the forum and I marked carry all the time. That was the closest to what I do than the other choices, but there are rare times when I do not have a gun close by. I have been carrying concealed since I got my first permit 21 years ago. I have never let it lapse.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a CCW & carry most of the time, exceptions are work & various other places it is frowned on but always keep sidearm near.
Fun little story.....Used to go plinking at feild near work W/ permission of owner. Showed up one afternoon unknowing the police had a standoff with a person a few houses away earlier in the day. Me & friend plinked till dusk with 44mag revolver,22 pistole, & 22 rifles then (he had CCW) packed up & headed out.
We were met by the locale PD with guns drawn(they were a little tensed up). Needless to say they said they could impound vehicle,guns,& put me in jail for haveing handguns & no CCW..(I had then locked in case in locked toolbox of truckbed with ammo locked in seperate case in truck) My friend they learned had his CCW so they cooled off put guns back in holsters & started shaking fingers & giveing lectures.
A county cop friend told me I was legal to carry my firearms in the manner described...I brought that up with the police that night ....bad idea.... more lectures...Friend & I were heading out about 15 till 9 ...still daylight ...police had us there till 10:30
Moral of the story is ... I applied for CCW that week.
True story

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.