Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've shot my share of 25 straights. I've reduced my Trap shooting dramatically over the last two years due to a personal business. Even so, I shoot every chance I get.

This morning I went straight on my first round. Some club business kept me from shooting more. However, the thought hit me that I haven't received a 25 straight patch in some time. I don't want one and they don't offer them to me any more. Still, I was wondering, for those of us who regularly shoot 25s, do you still get the patch?

I'm not bragging here. In fact, I know I could shoot a lot better if I shot more. While I punch out 25 fairly regularly, 50, 75 or 100 are not so common for me. In fact, I've only ever shot 100 straight twice. You can bet I'd be looking for a patch if I did that again.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I thought they just shot your hat.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
We give a patch for 25, 50, 75, 100, and 200 straight for the first time, not every time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We are a country club that offers trap and skeet shooting. We give patches every time as long as the event occurs during a club sanctioned competition shoot - as opposed to an open "practice" shoot.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
1st 25 straighters must pay homage to me for allowing them to do it on my range.
and I demand their hat be tacked on my wall.

·
Registered
618 Posts
SmokinTom said:
If you want to buy them there is plenty of them on Ebay.
I took up on your idea, checked out what's available on eBay and was amazed that some of mine are considered collectable and even quite valuable. I've been giving them away to friends for years. The moths have attacked my first Winchester 100 straight skeet patch from 1963, but for some reason they've completely ignored my Federal 150 straight and Memphis Gun Club patches from 1962. There must be a story there somewhere :) .

·
Registered
213 Posts
I got my 1st and only 25 5 years ago and I'm still settin' on it. Can't seem to do it again. It was a league shoot, every Wed night at 5pm. All I got for it was a wrecked hat. Yes, they shot the be-jeebers out of it. I'm glad they let me take it off first. It's now hangin' on the wall here in the cave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.