Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was just wondering if beretta made an automatic that holds five shells...meaning four in the magazine and one in the chamber? And if the dont is there a magazine extension that you can get to make it hold five shells? :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what kind of alterations did you do to make it hold five shells? And what model of 390 is it?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I am interested also,I have an AL390 silver mallard and if I take out the plug,it still only holds 3 shells in the mag.I would like to know if this can be done. thanks. sj :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
A 390 is a 390 (not to be mistaken with a 391). I dont know about all the alterations, I bought it from a friend. Many things done to it are hiden from plain sight.

·
Premium Member
19,750 Posts
The 390 magazine holds 3 rounds with the magazine plug removed. Counting the one in the chamber makes a total of 4 rounds maximum in the gun.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The 391 has the same capacity - it holds two in the magazine with the plug in place, or three in the magazine with the plug removed. The magazine "looks" like it would hold four shells, but the left over space is where the spring coils up, so you can't get that fourth shell in there because the space is taken up by the spring.

I'm curious to see how a 390 holds four shells down there. Maybe it's got a different spring? Does it ever have feeding problems?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Beretta 391 Extrema holds five in the magazine + one in the chamber (2 3/4").

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm curious to see how a 390 holds four shells down there. Maybe it's got a different spring? Does it ever have feeding problems?
I think the my friend put some type of high power spring in it (everything in this gun has had something done to it or upgraded in some way) that coils tighter, making aditional space. It has never had any malfunction while I've owned it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anybody know of a alteration that you can get to make it hold five?....is there a kit out there that makes it get the extra shell up in there?...like some type of high power spring?

·
Registered
103 Posts
the only way i can see a beretta holding 5 in the mag tube is with a different spring...... the way the spring was probably wound like a spring that closes into itself like in battery operated devices.... radios, flashlights... etc (cone shaped) unlike the conventional style mag tube spring where it's the same width for its entire length...... now all we need to do is to see who makes them :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if anybody knows of a thing(spring or some type of extension)that you can get to make the beretta hold five shells in the gun (1 in the chamber and 4 in the mag)i would be very pleased. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is out of the box, no modifications. Remember, this gun is designed to hold 3 1/2" shells.

I doubt that mine is a fluke.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts