Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Summit Sporting with 32" barrels and it's amazing, so worth the money. It's my first year on a team and my coach said we are going to be doing skeet along with super sporting, not just sporting clays, So I would like to have shorter barrels for skeet because it's a lot of weight to swing around. Can I buy 28" barrels by themselves for my Summit?

· Registered
11,126 Posts
I recently got a Summit Sporting with 32" barrels and it's amazing, so worth the money. It's my first year on a team and my coach said we are going to be doing skeet along with super sporting, not just sporting clays, So I would like to have shorter barrels for skeet because it's a lot of weight to swing around. Can I buy 28" barrels by themselves for my Summit?
Why not call CG on Monday and get the straight poop

· Registered
42 Posts
Yes they will sell you a barrel. I talked to Becky at CG last week about a new barrel. Call first to make sure they have the barrel you want in stock. Send your gun to them with phone number and delivery info. The turn around, if they have the barrel in stock, is about three weeks.

· Banned
733 Posts
Stick with the 32” barrels for skeet. It is nonsense that you need to switch to 28” barrels for skeet.

· Registered
3,201 Posts
Stick with the 32” barrels for skeet. It is nonsense that you need to switch to 28” barrels for skeet.
Absolutely agree with this. If you practice skeet with the gun with the 32's and commit to it, you can make it work and work well. If there is desire to lighten it up a little, stick a pair of flush chokes in it instead of extended.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello all. Thank you for the input. I did two rounds of skeet for the first time yesterday since picking up my CG, still with the 32" barrels and my concerns didn't really seem to have any effect on my movement. I can only blame my low score on I haven't practiced skeet in 3 months:LOL:

· Registered
28,016 Posts
No need for other barrels; just shoot those barrels and learn to shoot and establish your shoot routine. I use 32" barrels for everything and do not feel under-gunned or over-gunned

1 - 11 of 11 Posts