Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 1 in 5 times I post here I will lose my post when I try to preview or submit it as when I click on the button it takes me back to the log in, even though I was already logged in and had checked he box to stay logged in.

I have started to copy/paste my posts into email before I submit them so I can recover them if something goes wrong with the preview or submit. It is especially frustrating when I have written a long post.

Any suggestions? Other than not writing long posts, that is. I can see that one coming! :D

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I haven't lost a post yet, but I have had my login get tossed. When it happens it also losses all the "new" posts and I have to read 'em all to find 'em... not a real problem, but it takes a little more time than I have sometimes.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I think it's happened to me on a PM, but that's it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I haven't been tossed back to login, yet.

What I have noticed is, when I come to the site, my PC-Cillin goes CRAZY, telling me about the spyware from the advertisements.

Each page is 'flagged' at least twice.

I'm running Ad-aware every day now, instead of once a week.

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Yes it happens exactly like that. I think it may have to do with me being a very slow on the keyboard. Seems to only happen on long posts though. Bet it won't happen on this quick post.

ES

·
Registered
189 Posts
It happens to me, too. It may be a time thing as Ezra Smack mentioned, or perhaps traffic.

Austin12Gauge, if you continue to push the back button it will eventually take you to the page you composed the post on. This is true in Opera/Firefox browsers. I can't speak about IE7, as I gave that up when I discovered O/F.
Another helpful little progy is Post-it Notes Lite. It puts Post-it notes on your desktop. You can copy and paste whatever to a note. It makes a neat little explosion when you trash the note. (I fail to understand why exploding stuff still fascinates me... :wink: )

http://www.download.com/3000-2351_4-10508740.html

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys, for all the tips. It is good to know I am not alone. What I do now, if I think my post is going to be long, is to compose it in my email program, then, after I am happy with it and have spell checked it, copy/paste it to the forum. That way if I get bumped here I can go back the the email and get it again. And if my post isn't going to be long, I just compose in the forum and take my chances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.