Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've used some rubber ones for the mud and snow around here. My dog walked funny (I means really funny!) with them in the house, but once we got in the field it was like she forgot about them. They were excellent for keeping her feet dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cordura boots work fine for grass burrs, rubber boots make their feet sweat and soft. For torn pads use teat balm it'll toughen them up. You can get it at the feed store.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
My grandfather used to put Bag Balm on the dogs feet all the time.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Bag balm is gret stuff thats what I put on my dogs feet.
I know this nuts but BEFORE and AFTER the hunt and twice a week, it works really well.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
When using boots, wrap the top of the boot with duct tape making sure to overlap onto the fur about and inch. This will keep the boot on the dog. Do not wrap too tight but firm will do. To remove, cut fur close to the tape and unpeel.
The rubber boots don't cause the dog's feet to sweat, the toes are where sweat glands are found on a dog.

G

·
Out here in Utah, It's not the cactus that are bad, but the damn spider grass burrs. These things are like mini police tire flateners. They are 3-d with points all over and will just plain stop a dog in it's tracks. Boots are the only way to go out west.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts