Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to trap shooting and just starting shooting with both eyes open. Only problem is that I see two or three ends of the barrel. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I need new glasses? Thanks

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
you have cross eyed dominancy, you can get things to put on your glasses to make that not happen. They are called Browning majic dots.You can get them on Brownings web site, under "shooting acc."
What you do is put them over your pupil on one side of your glasses. If your a right hand shooter put them over your left eye, if your a left hand shooter put them over your right eye.
Other options are: shooting on your oposite side[if your right handed shoot left handed.],closing your other eye. Out of all of them I think the Majic dots work best.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
It is normal to see two barrels when focusing your vision beyond the gun. What should concern you is that one image is more dominant than the other. It suggests that your master or dominant eye is on the same side as your gun mount.

More than 80% of right handed women shsooters are left-eye dominant. If that includes you, The suggestion that something be put on the lens of your glasses to at lest partially block teh central vision of your "off' eye is a good solution. so is closing the off eye.

Other solutions exist but closing and blocking the off eye are two of the simplist.
stockfitting.virtualave.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.