Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only shot singles and handicap for the several years I've been shooting. The other day I shot doubles for the first time. After hearing about how fun doubles were I was completely dissapointed. I shot only a 42/50 and had no more fun than if I had been shooting singles. Which leads me to my question. If I can shoot half the amount of shells in the same amount of time and have the same amount of fun, why shoot doubles. Seems like a waist of shells to me.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
First, a 42/50 isn't bad for your first time out.

Doubles is, like skeet doubles, a much more challenging aspect to the game. I'm not very good at trap doubles, but it's a lot more interesting to me than 16yd singles, in which I struggle to stay awake...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Your score was pretty good for a first time go at it...what disappointed you, your score, your squad or just the game?

IMO, doubles is fun because it's fast, you don't have time to think and you concentrate solely on shooting.

Personally, I'd rather shoot doubles than singles or 'caps - I find those events rather boring at times, but that's just me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
42/50 is a pretty good score for never having shot doubles. I love trap doubles but each person is different. It's fast paced and challenging. In fact, I don't even shoot handicap or singles anymore, too boring. I live for doubles. :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What dissapointed me was the game not the score. My score actually suprised me. But I shoot sporting clays and skeet on a regular basis, so shooting a double was nothing new to me. In response to Code5, don't worry I wont :roll: Part of what put me off was how great I had heard it was, so it just didn't live up to my expectatoins.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Doubles? Because it uses both my barrels, of course! I find it a little more challenging getting on that second bird before it gets to far away.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
You received a curt response from me because you came on a trapshooting forum and declared one of the trapshooting games to be a "waist" of shells.
What was your point?
You knew what some of the responses would be before you hit "Submit".

If you don't like a game, feel free to refrain from participating. That's all. My response was not meant to be antagonistic, it was meant to be neutral.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have shot wobble a couple of times and love it. I just didn't feel that doubles was all it is crakked up to be. On a limited shell budget it just isn't worth it to me. :?

·
Registered
66 Posts
682Gal said:
IMO, doubles is fun because it's fast, you don't have time to think and you concentrate solely on shooting.

Personally, I'd rather shoot doubles than singles or 'caps - I find those events rather boring at times, but that's just me.
I am with you on this one! I seem to concentrate more and in return end up shooting a better round.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I donno about you guys but wobble trap is probably next to handicap my favorite. I shot in a doubles league once and I liked it alright, but because this topic is here, do you think that to be a serious trap shooter you have to shoot doubles?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts