Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is in Krum, TX or maybe it's Slidell, TX. The map calls it "East Side I Unit#2010". It's 315 acres outside of Denton,TX. It proved to be the best field after the first week of dove hunting. Late evening in the corner of the fence line proved to be best. The pond would be good, but there is no cover on it. The other spot marked below the abandoned house is good, too. Actually the spot is below the barn behind the abandoned house. The little pond on the other side of the house is okay, too. It's okay to park in at the abandoned house. If you park at the other area leave your vehicle at the road if it's been raining.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My brother-in-law and I scouted this spot Tuesday morning with the intent of hunting it Wed morning. We were then offered a free hunt on some property in Hamilton, TX. We took up that offer since Hamilton is the self proclaimed "Dove Hunting Capital of Texas". It panned out pretty well, we both got our limit with 2.5 hours of twilight.

Anyway, about this unit, 2010. We got there before twilight Tuesday morning and picked a spot. I was in the southeast corner, he was about center in the north, about 200 yds from the road. I didn't see much in the southeast corner, he saw quite a few birds coming across the road from the north and landing in the field, in groups of 5 to 15. It doesn't look like the field was planted recently, it's like old milo stubble, but the birds were still coming onto it.

We checked another unit and found another person scouting. He said he hunted the 2010 unit last year. He said he got there to a parking lot of hunters at 5:45 AM, said there were 100's of hunters on that 315 acreas, but he still got his limit by 10AM. So, it sounds like there are birds, but you'll have to fight the crowds. Which isnt't too bad, cause it keeps the birds on the move.

I might try 2010 this weekend, I'm probably spoiled for the year from the Hamilton hunt though. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hunted private land right next to this place Sunday night. Lots of birds flying. Notice I said flying not dying. It was slow compared to past years but hopefully I'll get back there in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.