Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Season will run from September 1st 2016 until January 8th 2017, unless the season lasts longer for some of the hunters, (must let me know your ending date before October 1st 2016 :!: :!: ) All game must be brought to "bag".

..........................................................The Leader Board..............................................................

..........Hunter..............Mourning...............Eurasian...............WhiteWing...............Other.........TOTAL
.....................................Doves..................Collared...................Doves..............................................
...................................................................Doves...........................................................................

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, changed the end date to January 8th 2017.

cdb

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kannoncocker said:
Well, look, if you're including collards, we expect you to list mustard and turnip greens, too!
You shoot em and bring them to "bag", and I will list them :!: :!: :!: :lol:

cdb

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey :!: :!: :!: I didn't make it, 2few did, now it is correct. :D :D

cdb

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kannoncocker said:
So tell me, do collereds go well with mixed greens?
I am thinking yes, they do :!:

cdb

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
67galaxie said:
I hope they stay! I have hundreds that just showed up with the geese
You should have no problem distinguishing between the two :!: :D :D

cdb

·
Registered
289 Posts
8 days until our local season opens up. I'm shooting (at) mourning doves, collared doves and if any collard doves come by I'll try to add them to the mix also.

I'll be shooting my CZ Ultralight as my DeHaan Huglu is back at Mark's. There's a part in it that's no longer available. Mark is using a tig welder to put a bead on it to replace chipped off metal. My gun doubles in a certain situation and it sorta feels funny with a ba-baam that's so close together that you are wondering "one shot or two". I'm at the mercy of the welders schedule and when he can add the bead of metal. At least I have shotguns available for back up. Early goose may be with a bobwhite sxs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The first part of our split season, in Arizona, starts a week from today and the new Mallard 20ga will get its baptism in the field. Looking forward to taking lots of mourning dove, Eurasians ("ringers" as we call em) and pigeons with it. It's going to get a lot of use at a dairy once our late season starts.

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CG504 said:
The first part of our split season, in Arizona, starts a week from today and the new Mallard 20ga will get its baptism in the field. Looking forward to taking lots of mourning dove, Eurasians ("ringers" as we call em) and pigeons with it. It's going to get a lot of use at a dairy once our late season starts.
Pigeons fall under the "other" column, so keep track of them also.

cdb

·
Registered
385 Posts
cdb1097 said:
CG504 said:
Pigeons fall under the "other" column, so keep track of them also.

cdb
I will. Steve, the owner of the dairy, lists them in the SH*T bird column cause they eat so much of his feed every year, along with the 3 species of doves. It's definitely a target rich environment. :D :D :D

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The countdown is on, day after tomorrow :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

cdb

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only bad thing about moving is I have no place to hunt here in Indiana. But life goes on.........

cdb

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Dang, I've got a 0330 reveille tomorrow morning to get up, get dressed in my camo, get me fed, dogs aired and fed and make it to the dove field by daylight. My fall bird hunting trips out west it's only a 0500 wake up, but those grouse and partridge don't require being in position at daylight. Oh yeah, I don't have to dress the field with Mojo Doves and clip on decoys either, just turn the boys loose and let it happen out west. Amazing what we'll subject ourselves to and call it fun.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.