Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
I wish that dove season started a couple of weeks earlier than usual. The birds seem to have taken a hike by Labor Day weekend. Before then, they are plentiful but opening day has been pitiful the past few years.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
All the corn has been cut on my farm and the hunting club lands. I am looking forward to spending the day with my two sons, blowing holes in the sky. Maybe a dove or 2 will intercept the shot. If not, I will enjoy a day with the boys. BTW, when I sold the farm, I maintained the hunting rights in perpetuity. As long as I live, I will have a place to hunt.

The club has over 8,000 acres and the farm has 240 acres of prime hunting lands. Though the club owner has gone up a bit on the lease from last year on the club lands, we will pay it just to have a place to hunt. He was charging $5 an acre, now $6 an acre. All the club members chip in and it doesn't hurt too much financially. I don't charge anyone to hunt on my place but the club does have a small daily fee.

I was planning to go to the hunting preserve but they charge $80 a day. Yet, they have hundreds of acres of sunflowers and swarms of doves. I think I will hunt my land and not have to put up with the crowds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.