Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

3/4oz-7/8oz capable for whatever hull DRM wants to make it for. The Fed or the Rem. I don't care.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I'm glad to see progress. I get my reloader soon. I want to lower the lead shot charge as with the 12 and 20 so I can enjoy shooting all my shotguns. Plus, I'd think a light payload wad for the 16 would help revive some old shooters (i.e. - guns or their owners :wink: ) who need low pressure loads for the early makes of 16s.

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Guys,
I really have to take up for Kevin on the 16 ga, wad situation.

The huge cost it would take to have a set of molds made to make these proposed 16 ga. wads would be a huge gamble to the likelyhood of even getting their money back on the investment, let alone make a profit.

They are in the business of making wads, and making a profit. Only those wads that have a high likelyhood of selling in large enough quantities to amortize their investment and show a profit to the company, are going to be considered.

It will take thousands of cases of wads to amortize the cost of making the molds, which there is little likelyhood of happening in an acceptable time frame.

Kevin may, or may not, want to step in and add to this post, but I think everyone here should get the point. That being, that there is little likelyhood of a 16 ga. wad being feasable, at least in the forseable future.

DLM

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well Folks,
Sounds like the wads out of the bag on this one! :D

Kevin @ 402-463-3415

Charles Hammack on 16ga.com,

I will bring you folks up to speed on what is going on .

This has been established for some time , AA PRECISION ( Myself ) and Downrange MFG. have establised a Joint Venture , I will provide the 3/4 - 7/8OZ Mold , with Downrange to Run , Distribute and Market the wad .

Ballistics testing is to commence at the first of the year with wad availability to be announced at a later date ( Arnie will have the prototype mold done in Dec. ) with testing to follow and once I am satisfied with the wad then the work to the production mold will start.

I know everyone is excited as I am and cannot wait untill we can have wads in hand , but I ask you to be patient and it will happen , please be considerate when showing your support for the wad and respect Kevin's time when emailing him .

Also I have a Joint Venture with Bill Hanus Bird Guns that has been established for some time now . I will not discuss the extent of this venture at this time , just wanted to let you know things are moving just not as fast as we all would wish .

Also I will say that Joint Ventures with other Companies are in the works with some real interesting stuff going on , lets all hope that about 10% of it comes true , we will all enjoy the efforts .

Regards Charles

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Wads for the 16 gauge?! I'd buy a box for my club..if they didn't sell, I would eventually buy them back anyway! Are they going to clone the WAA16 that is very rare at the moment, or another design?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive... 8)

Thank you Lord...

and Kevin...

and Charles...

and DRM....

I'll be putting my $ aside for several thousand. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
If anyone thinks the 16 is not loaded a bunch, just offer once fired hulls on any forum at any decent price and see how long they last.

I have always considered the 16 to be THE definitive field gun, when chambered in a gun built on its own frame. There is something special about one ounce of GOOD shot at 1220 to 1250. Copper plated is even better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.