Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the " pink DRA - 12 -1 wad " for a 1 0z shot load, i have called the places that i usally buy them from & they do not have them, or even remember a pink wad.I tried to call Down Range but no listing on the web site.So my question is , have they changed the color to red and or changed the whole wad? I looked at the wads on the down range web page & i did not see the DRA-12-1.If any one can unconfuse me i would be forever grateful. I am reloading the Winchester AA red & grey hulls, which are suppose to be tapered hulls. :?

·
Administrator
23,249 Posts
sigshot said:
I have been using the " pink DRA - 12 -1 wad " for a 1 0z shot load, i have called the places that i usally buy them from & they do not have them, or even remember a pink wad.I tried to call Down Range but no listing on the web site.So my question is , have they changed the color to red and or changed the whole wad? I looked at the wads on the down range web page & i did not see the DRA-12-1.If any one can unconfuse me i would be forever grateful. I am reloading the Winchester AA red & grey hulls, which are suppose to be tapered hulls. :?
DownRange has a less than informative website.
And those wads do not appear on it :?: :?:
Yes they make the DRA-12 Pink for 1 oz loads and they are the absolute best wad for the WWAA-hs hull
http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/home.php?cat=1494
They make a white wad for 1 1/8 oz in a tapered hull that also works great for the AA-HS hull.
http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/home.php?cat=1487

Check with this guy also
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5929

·
Registered
629 Posts
Kevin Lewis @ Downrange Mfg.

cell phone -- 402-463-3415

and, yes, the newer batches of DRA-12 wads are definitely redder than they used to be but the wad hasn't changed:

·
Administrator
23,249 Posts
D L Marcum said:
For Down Range wads, check this guy out. Located in Topeka Kansas.

[email protected]
It certainy would be nice if all of our new friend actuall filled out their profile so we could get an idea where they were. This would be so much easier for directing them to vender that were close to them. But, NOOOO, nobody wants to take the time. Maybe it is too much intrusion on their privacy, I don't know :x

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curly, since you are always near & ready to help any one, i have posted my profile, to tell you the truth it had never crossed my mind to do so. A great biiiiig thank you, for always being where you are needed. Also to all the others with their helpful postings. Thanks guys. also a Semper Fi , to all who served.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wobbly 1 gave you the straight skinny. And thanks for the great picture to by the way. The DRA - 12 - Pinks (Winchester AA 1oz) and the DRRT-12 (Remington TGT-12) are both sporting a newer more robust color. Othere than the deeper color the wad is unchanged and readily available.

If you click on the link below you can access the Downrange website and find the nearest outlet to you. Also you can order from many/most dealers/distributors online and have them shipped right to your door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts