Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that the catalog specs for the SBE II concerning the drops at comb and heel are the minimum possible with the provided shim kit.

All of the advertisements talk of a 2 inch drop at heel.

However, the real world is different as the guns ship with a shim that puts the drops at comb and heel lower. If I recall correctly you will find the B shim in place when you first take your gun out of the factory box.

Do you have any idea why the gun is advertised as having a 2 inch drop at heel when the gun out of the box is probably more like 2 1/4 or 2 3/8 when equipped with the B shim?

I am a bit confused why they advertise one thing but ship it differently.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have got to pay close attention to the instructions, as it is claimed that you can permanently damage the recoil spring tube if you mismatch the plates and shims.

I guess that you would bend the tube as the recoil pounds the gun if you mismatch the parts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shoot left-handed but have always shot a right-handed firearm.

To use my Benelli I had to flip the cast shim and the metal piece toward the back of the stock. Plus I needed to purchase a left handed gel pad to swap out the one that came with the gun.

After making these changes, I am now shooting a right-eject SBE II with a left-handed "cast on", B shims, and a left-handed gel pad.

It is a great system but pretty confusing.

Double-check to make sure everything is properly configured as you may damage your gun otherwise. You may bend the recoil tube as you fire it if the shims are not properly configured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts