Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know dry firing won't hurt an 870, but does anybody know if it hurts a mossberg or benelli?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I do not think it will hurt the Mossberg as they tell you do it in the owners manual and I do not see any warning about doing it to much or anything. I do not do it a lot with my Mossbergs, just to release the firing pins before I put them away, I do not do practice dry firing.

Below is what it says in the owners manual. If you do not have a manual go get one it is free. Download one and/or ask them to send you a printed one. http://mossberg.com/selectmanuals.htm

FUNCTION TESTING
AFTER PERFORMING ANY WORK ON YOUR FIREARM SUCH AS CLEANING,
DISASSEMBLY OR INSTALLATION OF AN ACCESSORY:
a. Move the safety button fully rearward to the "ON" (SAFE) position and keep
muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
b. Open the action, visually and physically check chamber, elevator and magazine
tube to be certain the firearm is unloaded.
Depress and hold the action lock lever (Fig. 3). Open and close the action several times to check
for free movement of the action assembly.
Close the acton (forearm fully forward) and leave the safety in the "ON" (SAFE) position. Pull the
trigger rearward fully. The hammer should not fall (No Fire).
Remove your finger from the trigger. Move the safety to the "OFF" (FIRE) position.The hammer
should not fall (No Fire).
Leave the safety in the "OFF" (FIRE) position.
Pull the trigger rearward. The hammer should fall (Fire).
Open the action by moving the forearm fully rearward. Move the safety fully rearward to the "ON"
(SAFE) position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.